Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a TOURIST, I'd Rather VISIT __________ for the Weekend
Nashville ...and it's Tourists Attractions 38 65.52%
Memphis ...and it's Tourists Attractions 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 07:29 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Which city has better food: Memphis
Which City is more fun: Nashville
-Which City is more exciting: Nashville
-Which City is more Historical: Memphis
-Which City is more Interesting: Nashville
I'D Rather spend the Weekend in _Nashville___________

Nashville wins

Now Now.....It's already been established that Memphis has the #1 Music scene in tennessee
http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...-has-best.html

Let's wait and see how this one plays out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 07:49 PM

367 posts, read 584,749 times
-Which City is more fun Nashville
-Which City is more exciting Nashville
-Which City is more Historical Nashville
-Which City is more Interesting Nashville
I'D Rather spend the Weekend in Nashville

This isn't a fair comparison. Nashville whens every category easily.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFan View Post

And Food, Which City has the Best Food, U didn't say that one

Old 06-03-2019, 09:56 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,815,031 times
I LOVED Memphis. Beale Street and its neon-lit bars, Sun Studio, Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken, The Lorraine Motel, Graceland, the Pyramid, the Trolley.

Nashville was OK. Maybe it was because I don't like country music that much, but Nashville felt very 'meh'

And the Parthenon was cheesy. The statue inside the Parthenon looked like it was drawn by a kindergartener.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFan View Post

Ha! ... Nashville's recent Success and Hype has lead some of you to Completely Underestimate Memphis' Cultural Power.....I've met people from Ireland Germany, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, China England, Paris!? and America ...all on little ole Beale Street

Old 06-04-2019, 12:44 AM

Lower Broadway (Nashville) looks Larger and More Happening than Beale Street, and Looks and FEELS like the epicenter of country .. however Beale Street is more Famous

Beale Street is actually quite small and it always amazes me how People from ALL OVER THE WORLD come to see this small yet Historical and Brightly Lit Street

Old 06-04-2019, 08:53 AM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Lower Broadway (Nashville) looks Larger and More Happening than Beale Street, and Looks and FEELS like the epicenter of country .. however Beale Street is more Famous

Beale Street is actually quite small and it always amazes me how People from ALL OVER THE WORLD come to see this small yet Historical and Brightly Lit Street
I give food to Memphis and everything else to Nashville. Beale St. is neat and there's a lot of good music (both history and present) in Memphis as well, but as an objective observer, it's hard to visit both places and say that Memphis is a better city. They're two places that seem to be trending in different directions. Memphis is one of the few Sunbelt cities that has stagnant/negative population growth whereas Nashville is growing rapidly. I've visited both of these places in the past 2 years and it's clear that Nashville is doing much better. That's not to say Memphis doesn't have merit, but Nashville has surpassed it and that trends does show signs of slowing down.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:16 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Sounds like I need to revisit Memphis. I was there a decade ago and was extremely underwhelmed. Seemed like it was Beale Street, Graceland, and then a struggling city. It's become more touristy now?

Old 06-04-2019, 09:19 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
I don't think this is going to be much of a contest in real life and especially not on this board, Nashville in a landslide. Nashville tourism is on par with Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, New York, LA, London, Paris and Rome, at least on this board. Not fair to compare it to a little place like Memphis.
Oh please. The only one it's comparable is to New Orleans, and even then I would say NOLA beats Nashville.

Perhaps in your dreams Nashville is on par with those cities.

For me Nashville wins, but I think it's a bit overrated.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:19 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I give food to Memphis and everything else to Nashville. Beale St. is neat and there's a lot of good music (both history and present) in Memphis as well, but as an objective observer, it's hard to visit both places and say that Memphis is a better city. They're two places that seem to be trending in different directions. Memphis is one of the few Sunbelt cities that has stagnant/negative population growth whereas Nashville is growing rapidly. I've visited both of these places in the past 2 years and it's clear that Nashville is doing much better. That's not to say Memphis doesn't have merit, but Nashville has surpassed it and that trends does show signs of slowing down.
If this thread was about what city is healthier, functions better or has more options for living, I would say Nashville.

Since this is a thread about what city is better for tourism, I would say it depend on what you like. I would choose Memphis over Nashville.

Btw, Food: I dont know. I have a bit more experience eating in Memphis so it wouldn't be a good balance answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City