Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 05:12 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,369,107 times

Advertisements

Your in your 20s, single and like to party. New Orleans with Bourbon Street, Jazz and Blues at Halloween would be fantastic. The operative words here were that "you want to party." Great bars, and great food, fun at night. During the day you can visit the bayou, plantations, the cool cemeteries and the city. Also eat at some really cool places.

Orange County, where I grew up, has Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. You could also squeeze in an Angel's game or go to the beach in Huntington or Newport. None of these options screams party to someone who has stated he wants to do just that. Great if you are with your family at 13 or 35 with kids, not really in your 20's, single, and want to have a really adventurous time. Chain food like Marie Callendar's, Carl's Jr. and In and Out abound.

The choice is obvious. Have fun.

Last edited by Justabystander; 01-16-2020 at 05:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 09:14 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,470,420 times
Seeing the OP has already been to both Los Angeles and San Diego I don’t know why this is even a question? My only question is how long is your vacation time, and how long do you plan on staying? If you opt for New Orleans, which I would do in your situation, I’d only go for 3-4 days max. I was there when I was around your age for a week and it was about 3-4 days too long.

Now if you want to maximize a week or longer vacation I’d opt for Orange County in the summer. The water will be warm at the beaches and the bars are jumping every night of the week in many beach communities. I’m sure there’s still plenty to do that you didn’t cover on a previous trip(s) to Southern California as well.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 32,722,578 times
Unless you want to go to Disneyland go to New Orleans for sure, it’s a WAY more interesting place than anything you find in OC. Outside of Dland you won’t see anything you haven’t already seen having been to LA and SD. Most of OC is mind numbingly generic suburbia.

I love New Orleans, going for my 5th time in mid/late Feb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City