Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2020, 08:21 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Going to start crunching up the list now, will update as I go. Feel free to add suggestions on brands that should be included (or taken out). Explain why you'd disagree if taken out. I will NOT include outlet versions of neither brands nor department stores (i.e. Gucci Outlet, Saks Off Fifth Ave, etc).
Great list, makes me want to go shopping! Thanks for doing this!

A few suggestions/edits...

1. Montblanc is listed twice
2. The Kooples and Rag & Bone should be added since they fall into the Theory / Sandro group and are both considered high-end.
3. Does Maserati make the cut for cars?

Quote:
Before I crunch up, I'm going to give my prediction based on brands currently listed. I predict it will go

1. NYC
2. LA
3. Miami
4. Vegas
5. Chicago
6. Houston
7. Dallas
8. Bay Area
9. Boston
10. Atlanta

Bay Area is a better place to shop but if the question alone is home to more high end stores, I see it behind Houston and Dallas. Like Boston, SF's proximity to LA hurt its ability to pull these sort of brands. Houston and Dallas only nearby serious competitors are each other. Which is likely why they seem to get more brands.
Since this is by metro I wouldn't count out Philadelphia. I know the city doesn't have impressive shopping, but the metro certainly punches in line with other large metros, and features a heavy lineup of high-end department stores. Same with DC area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 08:27 AM

9,853 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
Are you going to do it by metro area or by city proper?
Metro area. Hence Why I said Bay Area. And for Bay, I’m grouping the entire bay, not just SF-Oak

Old 12-09-2020, 10:14 AM

Up to the Cs for now. DC is doing much better than I expected, and Chicago much worse. Still early and this can change,

Old 12-09-2020, 11:44 AM

Suggestion: For Carolina Herrera, should I exclude the CH line? Or include it as a separate brand individually? Or group them together since they aren't terribly different?

Old 12-09-2020, 11:54 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Suggestion: For Carolina Herrera, should I exclude the CH line? Or include it as a separate brand individually? Or group them together since they aren't terribly different?
I would just group.

Old 12-09-2020, 12:45 PM

For some brands, like Graff and De Beers, there are individually operated boutiques in Saks & Fifth Ave locations. I will include these, but I will specify when I do. Not many, but some.

Saks Fifth Ave seems to be pulling a Galeries Lafayette in their more recently opened (or recently renovated stores) where they're something between a department store and a straight up mall. Which is a good idea on their part.

Old 12-09-2020, 12:54 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
Quote:
They are separate and should both be included.

Old 12-09-2020, 01:05 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,407 times
What cities have a Chanel store?

I feel like that is one of those exclusive luxury brands, that is elevated more than LV, but not quite as exclusive, where there are only three or four domestic locations.

Old 12-09-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
What cities have a Chanel store?

I feel like that is one of those exclusive luxury brands, that is elevated more than LV, but not quite as exclusive, where there are only three or four domestic locations.
Chanel
- Boston
- Chicago
- Houston
- Los Angeles (1 + Jewelry, Boutique)
- Miami
- New York (3 + 3 jewelry boutiques)
- Orlando
- SF
- Vegas (3)

On this one, I might be missing one or two. I skipped this one and Carolina Herrera to figure a few things out with these.

Old 12-09-2020, 01:10 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,407 times
Quote:
Chanel
- Boston
- Chicago
- Houston
- Los Angeles (1 + Jewelry, Boutique)
- Miami
- New York (3 + 3 jewelry boutiques)
- Orlando
- SF
- Vegas (3)

On this one, I might be missing one or two. I skipped this one and Carolina Herrera to figure a few things out with these.

The Main Line (King of Prussia) - Philadelphia just got one this year. Ironically when stores are shutting they still opened one here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City