Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2020, 02:20 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times

Advertisements

If we do add hotels, Four Seasons would make sense to include with those other hotels...if you wanted to be more selective, include Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton and Mandarin Orientals that also have residences (expensive condos that are part of and separate from the hotels).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Agree that hotels would be needed too, but also agree keeping it to retail is a lot cleaner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 02:26 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
If it hasn’t been mentioned, stores like Christofle, Baccarat, etc. are high-end stores as well.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:30 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
If it hasn’t been mentioned, stores like Christofle, Baccarat, etc. are high-end stores as well.
I will add them in my next round. If we add these type of stores, car dealerships will also be included.

I will go ahead and start crunching the list with pairing cities today while we finish adding to the list. As more brands are added, I’ll keep updating it until we reach a final

Let’s also decide on one thing. For Graff boutiques, as someone mentioned half are stand alone while the others are insider Saks. Usually I don’t include boutiques inside department stores. However, Graff is unique in that their Saks locations operate as separate stores from Saks. Should I included the date or not?

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 12-04-2020 at 02:39 PM..

Old 12-04-2020, 02:54 PM

9,378 posts, read 9,326,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I will add them in my next round. If we add these type of stores, car dealerships will also be included.

I will go ahead and start crunching the list with pairing cities today while we finish adding to the list. As more brands are added, I’ll keep updating it until we reach a final

Let’s also decide on one thing. For Graff boutiques, as someone mentioned half are stand alone while the others are insider Saks. Usually I don’t include boutiques inside department stores. However, Graff is unique in that their Saks locations operate as separate stores from Saks. Should I included the date or not?
I would make an exception for Graff, and just put (in Saks) where needed, but not any other brand, too confusing.

Also, I assume this includes metros for each respective city? Since for example, a "Philadelphia" location for Hermes is in the burbs.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I would make an exception for Graff, and just put (in Saks) where needed, but not any other brand, too confusing.

Also, I assume this includes metros for each respective city? Since for example, a "Philadelphia" location for Hermes is in the burbs.
I’ll use entire metros. For the Bay Area I’ll do the entire Bay instead of just SF-Oak

Old 12-04-2020, 04:21 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
Quote:
I tend to agree...Not to say you cannot find exclusive goods at Nordstrom (especially depending on the location), but Bloomingdales is more selective with their locations (they only have 50 stores), and they have a very specific following of shoppers and sell some very specific brands (Sandro, Kooples, etc). Nordstrom has opened the floodgates to allow bargain hunters as well as high-end shoppers.

From a price-point I would put them about even *overall*, but Bloomingdales definitely has more cachet tied to its name, which puts it above Nordstrom, but obviously below Saks and Neimans.

For example, Bloomingdales turned down Cherry Hill Mall, and Nordstrom followed and opened a store.

Both are among the healthiest of department store brands though, so they are both doing something right.
There were other reasons why they didn't get Cherry Hill Mall and it wasn't because they were being selective and a little snooty. Also as a former employee of both Bloomingdale's does not have more cache tied to its name. Thats laughable. Bloomingdale's is by far the one who opened the floodgates to bargain shoppers. They are the ones that constantly have sales every week. They are the ones that always seem to have a marked down area. Customers tend to only shop there when stuff is on sale. They even come back with their receipt after they purchased something on sale to see if its been marked down any further. I still think they're even though one is more trendy.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:26 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
What about stores like ACNE Studios? It has stores around the world but only about 4 or 5 stores in the US including NY, LA and San Francisco. They also sell their stuff in Saks.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
What about stores like ACNE Studios? It has stores around the world but only about 4 or 5 stores in the US including NY, LA and San Francisco. They also sell their stuff in Saks.
They indeed count. Thanks

Gucci
Prada
Louis Vuitton
Fendi
Graff
Rolex
Breitling
Zimmermann
Dolce & Gabbana
Cartier
Tom Ford
Moncler
Canali
Harry Winston
Golden Goose
Versace
Hermès
Dior
Gianvito Rossi
Balancinga
Alexander McQueen
Chanel
Carolina Herrera
Giorgio Armani
Tiffany's
Christian Louboutin
Jimmy Choo
Yves Saint Laurent
Loro Piana
Bottega Venetta
David Yurman
Bvlgari/Bulgari
Ferragamo
Zegna
Burberry
Montblanc
Givenchy
Bironi
Berluti
Richard Miles
Akris
Botega Veneta
Brunel Cucineli
Celine
Chopard
De beers
Etro
Chrisfofl
Tag Huer
Pucci
Kenzo
Marc Jacobs
Moynat
Patou
Rimowa
Loewe
ACNE Studios
Bacarát

Bentley
McLaren
Bugatti
Ferrari
Rolls Royce

Added some more

Old 12-04-2020, 05:13 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
are we talking yachts, Bugatti dealerships, exclusive jewelry/diamond (i.e. Graff) dealers, Frette flagship stores, Snaidero, Miele or Poggenpohl kitchen / cabinetry design showrooms??...or is that pigeon holing it a bit much?
Scottsdale is the Berverly hills of the desert

Old 12-04-2020, 06:10 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Scottsdale is the Berverly hills of the desert
Summerlin NV wishes it were Scottsdale but it can’t compete with the Strip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City