Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2020, 08:03 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, San Francisco
This list is spot-on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 08:22 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
This list is spot-on.
I would replace Boston with Miami.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:53 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
I agree in some ways. Bloomingdales though is a bit more exclusive with the brands they carry and tend to be say a bit more edgy in fashion. And Bloomingdales is definitely a slight step above Nordstrom.

Nordstrom will carry the likes of Tommy Bahamma (which is old man clothing: no offense) to Top Shop (which is also discounted clothing just a tier above H & M).

Where as Bloomingdales does not do anything of the sort. Bloomingdales carries more exclusive brands, and to push merchandise you will see them put it on sale more. While Nordstrom rarely has a sale, because they mix and match high and middle end fashions.
I tend to agree...Not to say you cannot find exclusive goods at Nordstrom (especially depending on the location), but Bloomingdales is more selective with their locations (they only have 50 stores), and they have a very specific following of shoppers and sell some very specific brands (Sandro, Kooples, etc). Nordstrom has opened the floodgates to allow bargain hunters as well as high-end shoppers.

From a price-point I would put them about even *overall*, but Bloomingdales definitely has more cachet tied to its name, which puts it above Nordstrom, but obviously below Saks and Neimans.

For example, Bloomingdales turned down Cherry Hill Mall, and Nordstrom followed and opened a store.

Both are among the healthiest of department store brands though, so they are both doing something right.

Old 12-04-2020, 07:00 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Should we consider adding a high end health club in multiple states to the list?....thinking along the lines of an Equinox—not a single club specific to a certain city....would Lifetime qualify, or are we talking a presence in 2 dozen or more cities which no longer makes it exclusive (multiple locations within the same city is fine)??

Last edited by elchevere; 12-04-2020 at 07:09 AM..

Old 12-04-2020, 11:07 AM

9,847 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Gucci
Prada
Louis Vuitton
Fendi
Graff
Rolex
Breitling
Zimmermann
Dolce & Gabbana
Cartier
Tom Ford
Moncler
Canali
Harry Winston
Golden Goose
Versace
Hermès
Dior
Gianvito Rossi
Balancinga
Alexander McQueen
Chanel
Carolina Herrera
Giorgio Armani
Tiffany's
Christian Louboutin
Jimmy Choo
Yves Saint Laurent
Loro Piana
Bottega Venetta
David Yurman
Bvlgari/Bulgari
Ferragamo
Zegna
Burberry
Montblanc
Givenchy
Bironi
Berluti
Richard Miles

I don’t like adding local brands a lot, and this one might make me sound like a Homer but considering Johnny Dang is the number one celebrity jeweler, I’m for adding him

Per request, we shall add car dealerships too

Ferrari
Mclarn
Bentley
Bugatti
Rolls Royce
Ferrari
Lamborghini

I’ll suggest adding Karma to the dealerships.

Any more suggestions or brands you don’t agree should be included?

Old 12-04-2020, 11:10 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Spelling correction: Brioni and Richard Mille

Thanks..

Old 12-04-2020, 12:46 PM

Gucci
Prada
Louis Vuitton
Fendi
Graff
Rolex
Breitling
Zimmermann
Dolce & Gabbana
Cartier
Tom Ford
Moncler
Canali
Harry Winston
Golden Goose
Versace
Hermès
Dior
Gianvito Rossi
Balancinga
Alexander McQueen
Chanel
Carolina Herrera
Giorgio Armani
Tiffany's
Christian Louboutin
Jimmy Choo
Yves Saint Laurent
Loro Piana
Bottega Venetta
David Yurman
Bvlgari/Bulgari
Ferragamo
Zegna
Burberry
Montblanc
Givenchy
Bironi
Berluti
Richard Miles
Akris
Botega Veneta
Brunel Cucineli
Celine
Chopard
De beers
Etro

Added some more

Old 12-04-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Should we consider adding a high end health club in multiple states to the list?....thinking along the lines of an Equinox—not a single club specific to a certain city....would Lifetime qualify, or are we talking a presence in 2 dozen or more cities which no longer makes it exclusive (multiple locations within the same city is fine)??
Equinox / Soul Cycle and Life Fitness would be the only ones. Both have locations planned in new place, keep that in mind.

Old 12-04-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Equinox / Soul Cycle and Life Fitness would be the only ones. Both have locations planned in new place, keep that in mind.
If we do luxury gyms, may as well do luxury hotel brands too. Ritz-Carlton, Rosewood, Mandatin Oriental, península, St. Regis, etc. But I wouldn’t add hotels and gyms personally. Have to keep the list on retail. Clothing, accessories and maybe cars.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
If we do luxury gyms, may as well do luxury hotel brands too. Ritz-Carlton, Rosewood, Mandatin Oriental, península, St. Regis, etc. But I wouldn’t add hotels and gyms personally. Have to keep the list on retail. Clothing, accessories and maybe cars.
Agree that hotels would be needed too, but also agree keeping it to retail is a lot cleaner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City