Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Yeah, that's kinda the point. There's no objective answer, because to me (and my very experienced opinion- as experienced as you if not more so, and definitely more experienced than dementor) New York is a nice stand-in for Chicago but that's about it.
NYC...a stand in for Chicago?

I nearly spat out my San Pellegrino all over my MacBook Pro. It's far too late for the jokes.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:19 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
I nearly spat out my San Pellegrino all over my MacBook Pro.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Yeah, it's not as nice as the real deal.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Yeah, it's not as nice as the real deal.
Are you high?

Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 PM

And while we're at it, can you please explain why you like Chicago above NYC, London, and Paris?

Is there some enchanted part of Chicago that I missed during my last visit?

Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,053 times
Quote:
Except I'm sure you don't know a lot about IP checks, or you wouldn't have claimed you were in Chicago when you were in Brooklyn. Anyway, sorry kid, I have a lot more experience in the world than you do. You just look dumb when you try to act like someone's whole world is Chicago when they haven't lived there in almost a decade, and have been on six continents since then. And you try to preach about internationality. Christ, you're over your head.
Right Lucas, right. You have more experience and know about IP checks and Brooklyn. Good night.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 PM

Lucas, hurry up and answer my question before I log off.

I'm getting tired (and bored).

Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 PM

Right dementor, right.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM

Why do I like Chicago over NYC, London, and Paris? It's more beautiful than the first two, and it's more down to earth than the first and last. There aren't as many wannabes or pretenders- there's no subculture that allows them en masse. It's cleaner than all three, and it has a beach that doesn't smell like garbage.

The other three are nice places, but they don't come close to comparing to Chicago for me. Like I said, Seattle is the only biggish city in my mind that does. Why does that boggle you so much? There's people out there that prefer Kiev to Moscow and Chongqing to Shanghai- I know, I'm friends with them.

It's not an objective thing, much to your frustration. You thrashing against that is only serving to make people laugh at you- you haven't noticed?

Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,053 times
Quote:
Why do I like Chicago over NYC, London, and Paris? It's more beautiful than the first two, and it's more down to earth than the first and last. There aren't as many wannabes or pretenders- there's no subculture that allows them en masse. It's cleaner than all three, and it has a beach that doesn't smell like garbage.

The other three are nice places, but they don't come close to comparing to Chicago for me. Like I said, Seattle is the only biggish city in my mind that does. Why does that boggle you so much? There's people out there that prefer Kiev to Moscow and Chongqing to Shanghai- I know, I'm friends with them.

It's not an objective thing, much to your frustration. You thrashing against that is only serving to make people laugh at you- you haven't noticed?

Chicago is cleaner than Paris? Where?

Sweet dreams Lucas

Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:

(1) I don't find Chicago more handsome than London or New York City. Paris is beautiful, London and New York are both handsome cities. I don't find Chicago attractive. It's OK in an American way (Gold Coast). It's clearly far behind New York City and London. Of course, it's my opinion but as far as I'm concerned -- my opinion is the only one that matters.

(2) "Down to earth" is just a poor persons term for "I'm not good enough to run with the advanced social circles in Paris, London, and New York". Lucas, the fine people of Paris you rudely dismiss as "pretenders" aren't pretenders at all -- they're just immaculately dressed and sophisticated, you know...something you would never come across in Chicago. Don't be ridiculous you silly fool, everybody wants to be like us.

(3) Dallas is cleaner than Chicago. Orlando is cleaner than Chicago. Houston is Cleaner than Chicago. Podunksvulle, Oklahoma is also cleaner than Chicago. Do you think they are better? In any case, the hotel I stay at in New York -- the Mandarin Oriental @ Columbus Circle is in a amazing, clean, beautiful, happening area and much better than the Peninsula Hotel Chicago's locale.

(4) I don't like your taste in cities. Moscow is a pretty terrible city. It's fun at night, but what an awful place.

Last edited by Americanboy; 03-05-2009 at 11:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City