Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jersey City VS New Orleans
Jersey City 51 48.11%
New Orleans 55 51.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM

327 posts, read 1,051,487 times

Advertisements

dont forget Hoboken is a short car of light rail ride away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 12:45 AM

137 posts, read 295,001 times
New Orleans. If you'd have said NYC instead of Joisey then it's a different story. New Orleans hands down.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:56 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,685,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger15 View Post
New Orleans. If you'd have said NYC instead of Joisey then it's a different story. New Orleans hands down.
co-sign..when you make threads bout JC you should post
"without the benefit of nyc" it helps people focus on the actual city.
But I picked NO

Old 06-01-2009, 05:16 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,057,317 times
NOLA definitely.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,539,388 times
your practically in NYC... so for me, JC. There is not much that interests me about living in NO, cool for a visit/festival though. The climate alone would make me want to stay away...talk about hot and humid.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,674,164 times
Isn't Jersey City becoming a corporate "outpost" of NYC? That is what I heard. My husband has a friend who works for Deutche Bank. They relocated to JC after 9/11 because of the damage to the building there and then decided to stay in JC permanently.

I know it has been built up in recent years, but how does this make it a nightlife spot, other than proximity to NYC?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,987,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Isn't Jersey City becoming a corporate "outpost" of NYC? That is what I heard. My husband has a friend who works for Deutche Bank. They relocated to JC after 9/11 because of the damage to the building there and then decided to stay in JC permanently.

I know it has been built up in recent years, but how does this make it a nightlife spot, other than proximity to NYC?
Yes, a lot of offices that were once in downtown or along sixth avenue are now moving to Jersey City for a lot of reasons. I think it's funny how almost no one picked JC without saying "because of it's close proximity to NYC".

Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,276,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

Jersey City definitely has a nightlife. There are a few clubs that draw people from all over the area. Sand Bar, with it's NYC and Statue of Liberty views, draws a lot of people from Brooklyn and Staten Island. Not my cup of tea though, although I did go when I was younger. There is a huge German beer garden that is a few weeks away from opening. I walked by last night and it's massive, and sure to draw crowds. What Jersey City is really becoming known for is it's quality of restaurants...there are a LOT of really good restaurants. And there are a lot of great neighborhood bars and pubs that are more my speed.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,081,882 times
Hoboken would be a better comparison than JC

Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,674,164 times
Default That makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Jersey City definitely has a nightlife. There are a few clubs that draw people from all over the area. Sand Bar, with it's NYC and Statue of Liberty views, draws a lot of people from Brooklyn and Staten Island. Not my cup of tea though, although I did go when I was younger. There is a huge German beer garden that is a few weeks away from opening. I walked by last night and it's massive, and sure to draw crowds. What Jersey City is really becoming known for is it's quality of restaurants...there are a LOT of really good restaurants. And there are a lot of great neighborhood bars and pubs that are more my speed.
if more and more businesses are relocating there. They will need restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City