Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:41 PM

206 posts, read 939,556 times

Advertisements

AZ for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 10:30 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,640,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Society has gone to hell in a hand basket. All over America people are just becoming more an dmore luscivious and lacking morals. Its because of all those whacko 60's generation Liberals . My father said The Beatles ruined the world. He was right.
Those "60s generation Liberals" - with a few prominent exceptions - became Conservatives in middle age, and swung as far to the right as they had swung to the left during their youth. They wound up becoming more right wing than their "GI generation" parents had been. The WW2 generation generally tended towards moderate politics, but the Boomers went from left wing to neoconservative right wing. And I say this as a Boomer/Gen X cusp person myself (who recognizes the boomers' substantial achievements in the arts and culture even though they've been a disaster in politics)

I personally can't wait for Gen X to start running things in this country and restore some level of sanity.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,892,899 times
I too think all of them, to one degree or another. But I think it is greatly accelerated in those states dealing with the huge influx of illegal aliens...don't know where all that's going to end, but it can't be good.

Bud

Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 AM

2,507 posts, read 8,571,672 times
Is it just me, or do all of the fastest growing states have a problem on their hands? Calif., Tex., Ariz., Fla., Nev. et al.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 AM

2,507 posts, read 8,571,672 times
Also, I agree with majoun: All of Them. It isn't a matter of Liberal or conservative. The two have been fighting since 1776 and we survived. It is globalism and lousy demographics. Only 70% of kids have a high school diploma now. Thats DISGUSTING

Old 03-23-2007, 10:47 AM

6,620 posts, read 16,609,316 times
Quote:
Virginia, because we have so many northerners moving here. And that's fine but they want to change everything.

Northern Virginia is a bland, vanilla milkshake full of rows of houses that all look the same. No charm or character left in that area.

Even Richmond and other areas that were holding on to their roots are turning into Anywhere USA.

That once hospitable, charming way of life in Virginia is Gone With The Wind !
Oh, come on! No charm or character in northern VA? Haven't you ever been to Old Town Alexandria? And blaming "northerners" for changes? Bland and vanilla is happening here too, but I can't blame all people from a region for it. This is a capitalist economy. If people in VA or any other state didn't want bland and vanilla, it wouldn't happen. And if you want to play north vs. south, from where do you think many of the people who have made formerly beautiful, livable, northern cities so miserable came?

Old 03-23-2007, 02:24 PM

484 posts, read 1,945,980 times
California, Michigan, and Florida.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:22 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,347,085 times
All states unless you want to live in some totally flat ugly plains area frequented by tornados every year. That or be in some depressing dreary mid west area with nothing to off except seclusion and rusted out old cities.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,096,632 times
Florida has really gone downhill. Theres several other states I would avoid. California is fine if you live in the northern part.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 35,160 times
Quote:
Virginia, because we have so many northerners moving here. And that's fine but they want to change everything.

Northern Virginia is a bland, vanilla milkshake full of rows of houses that all look the same. No charm or character left in that area.

Even Richmond and other areas that were holding on to their roots are turning into Anywhere USA.

That once hospitable, charming way of life in Virginia is Gone With The Wind !
Thats the way Alaska is but the southerners are coming up and making it like every other state, well thats how it is in Anchorage anyway. So we are getting back at the south and bringing our very northern culture with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City