Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:51 PM

20 posts, read 19,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2000 View Post
its like that in every city in america

lot of clubs in miami/la will not let you in if you are fat or black

Its the same in Nyc, Chicago, etc

Wouldnt call it racist but every race has their fav music. Most blacks like hip hop so you will have more blacks at a club that plays hip hop. Most whites like top 40, rock, etc music so venues that play this type of music will have more whites. The same can be said with spanish people/salsa.

Did this guy really write "most Blacks like Hip Hop"???

As IF he knows most Blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 PM

35 posts, read 92,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2000 View Post
its like that in every city in america

lot of clubs in miami/la will not let you in if you are fat or black

Its the same in Nyc, Chicago, etc

Wouldnt call it racist but every race has their fav music. Most blacks like hip hop so you will have more blacks at a club that plays hip hop. Most whites like top 40, rock, etc music so venues that play this type of music will have more whites. The same can be said with spanish people/salsa.
I bet you Obama can get in... How much you wanna bet?

Anyways on a side note. If we are going by worse night life cities per capita... I vote for San Diego. Most people leave the bar/club at midnight. I also cant understand how the 6th or 7th largest city in the country has last call before 1am. LOL Must be the sun is to hot during the day BRA.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:53 PM

199 posts, read 220,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGuido View Post
Did this guy really write "most Blacks like Hip Hop"???

As IF he knows most Blacks.
white people buy the most hip hop albums.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
In the Gaslamp Downtown? If so then that sounds about right from what I've heard, that downtown has improved dramatically in the last decade. I've only been here for about 8 years and only 21+ for 5 years so I wasn't familiar with the Gaslamp till maybe from 2004 on. And there are lots of bars and clubs right next to each other now, 5th Ave can be difficult to walk down at times b/c of the crush of people.
I love when people argue nonsense.
Last call at 12:15. Need i say no more? I'm used to staying out past 2am and not having everyone bail at around midnight. San Diego nightlife is terrible IMO. Most people in SD havent even been ANYWHERE. It is kind of isolated out here though. Maybe thats why a lot of people from SO CAL dont travel often. All relative to the East of course.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:27 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
exactly im no SD expert but the time i spent there this summer that gaslamp district was PACKED... even at the lamest restaurant like TGIF there was a long ass wait to be seated. SD is nice at night.
Sounds like Roppongi last Friday night. I was going to eat at TGIF there, but saw the line and walked right back out. Tokyo's nightlife is cool, but is kind of lacking for its size compared to similar sized cities such as New York or London. I think Tokyo is probably more on the level with Atlanta as far as the number of bars and clubs available. Most of the nightlife in Tokyo is specifically catered towards U.S. military members and other foreigners. The local Japanese mostly go to izakaya's, Japanese style pubs with private booths where they can drink and talk with their friends. This is mainly due to the reserved Japanese culture of not mingling with strangers.

As for San Diego, last time I was in Gaslamp was late 2007, and it has become more packed compared to 1999/2000. In some ways, I liked the way it used to be better. It had more of a laid back atmosphere and the clientele included more down-to-earth and approachable girls. Now it has come to rival a South Beach or Sunset Strip type of atmosphere. Also, a lot of my favorite clubs like Tsunami's have since been replaced. I would like to check out Envy though, but not sure how I will do there. One thing I must say, there have always been a lot of hot girls in the Gaslamp.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:31 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTBURZT View Post
I love when people argue nonsense.
Last call at 12:15. Need i say no more? I'm used to staying out past 2am and not having everyone bail at around midnight. San Diego nightlife is terrible IMO. Most people in SD havent even been ANYWHERE. It is kind of isolated out here though. Maybe thats why a lot of people from SO CAL dont travel often. All relative to the East of course.
I thought last call was at 1:45. Did they change it? To be honest, now that I'm older I'm not used to staying up as late as in my 20's. Now I like to start drinking with dinner, and then hang out at a neighborhood pub 'till about 11 and then go home and crash. Tokyo has a chain of pubs called The Hub, and it is packed from about 7 or 8 p.m.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM

787 posts, read 1,696,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Let's try to stay on topic. Indianapolis, Twin Cities, Cincy, San Diego

What are you smoking? Better scene than Milwaukee (for one ) by far...more attractive people!

Plus the sheer amount of colleges, universities, and other professional job centers makes the Twin Cities a pretty interesting night life scene...there is always something going on in Uptown, the Warehouse District, and in Dinkytown...I won't say it's the absolute best. But it's nowhere near the absolute worst.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I thought last call was at 1:45. Did they change it? To be honest, now that I'm older I'm not used to staying up as late as in my 20's. Now I like to start drinking with dinner, and then hang out at a neighborhood pub 'till about 11 and then go home and crash. Tokyo has a chain of pubs called The Hub, and it is packed from about 7 or 8 p.m.
I was on the rooftop of Stingaree and it was 12:45. I got there at 11. I was very upset. Usually its that time or the latest at 1:15.

Tokyo was a blast. Just stay away from Gaspanic. lol It was hard for me to find the local places without a local in my party. Went with too many Americans and not enough Japs.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:37 PM

296 posts, read 644,863 times
Jacksonville, FL you would think there would be more nightlife there.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:39 AM

559 posts, read 1,757,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I always thought that Oklahoma City has some of he worst nightlife ever.
you may be right, but its starting to change. its not a huge city, so you have to take what you get. there is an area called bricktown, and for nightlife just in that area there is: coyote ugly, wormy dog saloon, paralogia ultra lounge, toby keiths i love this bar and grill, michael murphys dueling piano, brix, tapwerks, drinkz, citywalk, skky bar, rok bar, bricktown brewery, makers cigar and piano lounge, americas pub, red pin lounge, bolero, biting sow, jj's alley, venu, nonnas purple bar. ok, well, thats all i can think of thats in that district. might be more......it will never be new york or chicago, but thats ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City