Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 02:29 AM

734 posts, read 2,053,919 times

Advertisements

Thanks, chitown2pa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
actually i think its hong kong u were looking for/
Actually, I think you're mildly retarded, because no, it was Shanghai I was 'looking for'.

Quote:
1. It doesnt matter what a bascule bridge is.
How do you know? You don't even know what one is.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:34 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Its the truth accept it. You guys are the losers who hate the fact that nyc is superior to your city so you a-bring up other cities that have nothing to do with chicago(shanghai). U b-mention accomplishments nobody cares about(GQ) And u C insult a random persons intelligence over the internet. Whatever makes yo sleep better at night. U two chicagoens keep convincing yourselves of this. I will go to sleep knowing that the known world agrees with me that.............................................. ..................NEW YORK IS CHICAGOS DADDY!! lol

633 posts, read 1,442,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Thanks, chitown2pa.

Actually, I think you're mildly retarded, because no, it was Shanghai I was 'looking for'.

How do you know? You don't even know what one is.
Ey youse guyz, maybee if I puts on a fakey-type accent for realz and misspell da name of my location (da broncks) den people will tink I'm somebody differentz from who I really iz! I hopes my plans works for real like!

New York is da best because da brookalyn bridge ain't no bascule bridge!

Just don't engage me in conversation, or call my bluff, or I will be forced to start talking regularly again, and you will clearly see that I was faking this persona, with a false name, in order to make it seem like more people agreed with my viewpoint.

Sincerely,

Dementor/KONY

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
KONY shows his true colors. He's Dementor. Wow, what a rousing display of douchedom.
I sorta think hes futurecop?

Old 04-12-2009, 02:42 AM

633 posts, read 1,442,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
I sorta think hes futurecop?
I did a little reading on FutureCop, and apparently he's kind of a celebrity on this website. Cool.

So, what is the final verdict? How DOES a city like Chicago compare with the questionably-in-the-same-category New York or Boston?

The answer?

Very well.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Its the truth accept it. You guys are the losers who hate the fact that nyc is superior to your city so you a-bring up other cities that have nothing to do with chicago(shanghai). U b-mention accomplishments nobody cares about(GQ) And u C insult a random persons intelligence over the internet. Whatever makes yo sleep better at night. U two chicagoens keep convincing yourselves of this. I will go to sleep knowing that the known world agrees with me that.............................................. ..................NEW YORK IS CHICAGOS DADDY!! lol
Maybe you didn't see my location.

Anyway, Shanghai has everything to do with it, if you think NYC is superior to Chicago because of more buildings, Shanghai is then superior to NY for the same reason. I don't expect you to get that, though, you've never heard of the Sears Tower and don't know what a bascule bridge is.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:34 AM

567 posts, read 1,446,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Maybe you didn't see my location.

Anyway, Shanghai has everything to do with it, if you think NYC is superior to Chicago because of more buildings, Shanghai is then superior to NY for the same reason. I don't expect you to get that, though, you've never heard of the Sears Tower and don't know what a bascule bridge is.
What? Shanghai doesn't have more buildings than NYC. Where did you get that from?
http://www.emporis.com/en/bu/sk/st/sr/

Old 04-12-2009, 03:50 AM

LOL, NYC has 5 times as many buildings as shanghai. where do people in chicago get their information? just today some chicago fan boy claimed NYC has a $16b deficit and now another fan boy is saying shanghai (of all cities) has more buildings than NYC. I shouldn't have to even post a link to disprove that. there is only one city in the world with more buildings than NYC and thats hong kong. but shanghai? seriously? even chicago has more buildings than that wanna-be futurist dump.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 AM

LOL. Dude, Emporis gets their information from English-speaking skyscraper fans- there isn't enough in Shanghai to list the proper number. Any idiot knows that.

I get my numbers from here:

That's half of Shanghai's skyline (no exaggeration)- the tall building in the top right is the the tallest roof in the world, to give some measure of perspective. Shanghai ****s all over NY as far as number of highrises go. Sorry.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:05 AM

how many of those are over 600ft (high rise)? NYC has 5,000 highrises and shanghai has like 900. post a link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City