Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
You're sick of people using Compton's name for street cred? So you're an expert on both Compton, and Compton's worst neighborhoods, as well as Buffalo and Buffalo's worst neighborhoods, as well as "20 other neighborhoods" that are "a lot scarier than Compton"? Just like you're also a teenage multi-millionaire and 21 years old at the same time? That's nice. What i'm sick of is people who think they know everything.
my point went completely over your head. as for the last part, quit going off topic and make sure you know the latest before yapping on it.

Quote:
Compton is better than it was in terms of crime (just like nearly every single US city in existence), but it sure as hell isn't mayberry. And the reason certain people claim Compton for "street cred" to this day is because 1. it still has a high crime rate 2. it used to have a REALLY high crime rate 3. it's the birthplace of the bloods. Seems to all make sense to me, but next time you're in compton i think you can put this to rest by approaching the first thug/gangbanger dude you see, and telling him that Compton is soft, and that he has no "street cred" for living there. I'm sure he will agree with you, and will then invite you over for tea.
i could walk up to any psyhcopath anywhere, even on the upper east side of manhattan, and there's a possibility he'll pull a gun on me. what makes compton so special in that regard? first off, i doubt the coward in compton would be dumb enough to pull a gun on me. they don't usually shoot white boys just for calling compton soft. they'll probably laugh and shrug the "stupid white boy" with a high school diploma and job off or run their cowardly mouths as we part ways, tugging on their shirts, forcing their hands out trying to act hard but hand to hand (they can even go 3:1), i'll lay any crip or blood in compton out unless they're professional career fighters (which they're not or they wouldn't be leaning up against a pole in compton all day). i've been lifting, taking mma AND playing hockey for years. those wimps in compton just bum rush you swinging like monkeys (and i don't mean that racially) let loose at the zoo and leave 500 open gaps to friggin DRILL them in, JAW SHOT, just like rob ray.

Quote:
Ok, let's compare violent crime rates between them, from 2008:

St. Louis - 2,072.7
Detroit - 1,985.2
Memphis - 1,925.3
Compton - 1,838.8
Baltimore - 1,588.5
Philadelphia - 1,441.3
Buffalo - 1,374.8
New Orleans - 1,019.4
it's not 2008, that's a violent crime list (not the most reliable listing where only murder rates are ranked) and this doesn't even have anything to do with my point. my point is that compton, a city of 90,000, has a crime rate on par and even lesser than many cities that are large cities and have good sides to dilute the crime rates. why don't you compare a city of 90,000 like compton to a hood in baltimore of 90,000 and not the whole city of bmore because its good areas dilute the overall crime rate significantly and anybody with a brain knows that.

Quote:
I don't see any city "taking a dump" on Compton in terms of crime (i assume you mean places with much higher crime rates, with that statement). In fact, Compton, St. Louis, Detroit, and Memphis are all in more or less the same upper-range for their rates . Compton may have palm trees and lots of lawns and crap, but in terms of crime rate it's way up there. It's as if some people don't understand that palm trees, fresh paint, and lawns, etc, DON'T stop bullets, or robberies, or rapes, or drug sales, or gang life and the associated violence, etc.
except st. louis, new orleans, philly, buffalo, baltimore, etc have GOOD SIDES that dilute the crime rates. compton doesn't have that, definitely not to the degree that cities like philly or baltimore do. so to compare crime rates between baltimore and compton, you have to at least make sense with it. you have to compare the "ghetto" in baltimore to compton. compton only has about 90,000 people. it's about the size of some of these cities worst neighborhoods, and yet many of these whole cities still have crime rates about equal to or higher than compton.

Quote:
Compton's murder rate in 2009 was 38.4/100,000, which is definitely high, and that's less than half of what its rate often was in the 80's and 90's...and yet you wonder why people claim Compton for "street cred"....
and in 2010, it was 27 per 100,000. so there you go. welcome to the 2010 murder count, and welcome to 2011 where it'll more than likely be even lower judging by the current trend.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 07-11-2011 at 02:15 AM..

Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECyde View Post
This the worst place i seen in my life... they call it Lil Africa in san bernardino...

san bernardino - Google Maps
Holy crap! Now THAT looks ghet-to! San Bernadino is pretty off the radar considering how consistent it has been in making the top 25 worst list every year. That's a good example of poverty out there. San Bernadino is no joke.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
my point went completely over your head. as for the last part, quit going off topic and make sure you know the latest before yapping on it.

i could walk up to any psyhcopath anywhere, even on the upper east side of manhattan, and there's a possibility he'll pull a gun on me. what makes compton so special in that regard? first off, i doubt the coward in compton would be dumb enough to pull a gun on me. they don't usually shoot white boys just for calling compton soft. they'll probably laugh and shrug the "stupid white boy" with a high school diploma and job off or run their cowardly mouths as we part ways, tugging on their shirts, forcing their hands out trying to act hard but hand to hand (they can even go 3:1), i'll lay any crip or blood in compton out unless they're professional career fighters (which they're not or they wouldn't be leaning up against a pole in compton all day). i've been lifting, taking mma AND playing hockey for years. those wimps in compton just bum rush you swinging like monkeys (and i don't mean that racially) let loose at the zoo and leave 500 open gaps to friggin DRILL them in, JAW SHOT, just like rob ray.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nothin cooler and more believable than an internet tough guy!

Could you clue us in as to which one is ACTUALLY you? They all fit so perfectly I just can't seem to figure it out!

That was a HARDCORE example of a brawler btw. Chilling. LOL. Good luck on your future manhandling of bloods and crips, tough guy.

YouTube - ‪Kung Pow - Why I Oughta‬‏

Last edited by jman650; 07-11-2011 at 03:16 AM..

Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,327,789 times
Quote:
This the worst place i seen in my life... they call it Lil Africa in san bernardino...

I didn't even know there were people of african descent in san bernadino

Old 07-11-2011, 08:39 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,244 times
Quote:

That doesn't look that bad, just really junky and desolate. I bet it's looks more seedy at night .

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 AM

1,800 posts, read 3,910,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post

it's not 2008, that's a violent crime list (not the most reliable listing where only murder rates are ranked) and this doesn't even have anything to do with my point. my point is that compton, a city of 90,000, has a crime rate on par and even lesser than many cities that are large cities and have good sides to dilute the crime rates. why don't you compare a city of 90,000 like compton to a hood in baltimore of 90,000 and not the whole city of bmore because its good areas dilute the overall crime rate significantly and anybody with a brain knows that.

except st. louis, new orleans, philly, buffalo, baltimore, etc have GOOD SIDES that dilute the crime rates. compton doesn't have that, definitely not to the degree that cities like philly or baltimore do. so to compare crime rates between baltimore and compton, you have to at least make sense with it. you have to compare the "ghetto" in baltimore to compton. compton only has about 90,000 people. it's about the size of some of these cities worst neighborhoods, and yet many of these whole cities still have crime rates about equal to or higher than compton.

and in 2010, it was 27 per 100,000. so there you go. welcome to the 2010 murder count, and welcome to 2011 where it'll more than likely be even lower judging by the current trend.
You just made me laugh this morning!

You obviously have never been to LA County, let alone Compton.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
You just made me laugh this morning!

You obviously have never been to LA County, let alone Compton.
do murder rates and common sense go completely over your heads in california or what?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nothin cooler and more believable than an internet tough guy!

Could you clue us in as to which one is ACTUALLY you? They all fit so perfectly I just can't seem to figure it out!

That was a HARDCORE example of a brawler btw. Chilling. LOL. Good luck on your future manhandling of bloods and crips, tough guy.

YouTube - ‪Kung Pow - Why I Oughta‬‏
i didn't say anything about being an "internet tough guy" until rah brought up the unrealistic scenario where some compton dunce would pull a gun out and shoot me for saying compton is soft.

anybody with even a day of mma training could take on these little girls in compton, especially these gay crips. it would take no more than 5 seconds for me to get in there, block that gay little sidearm swing at 0:05 and lay him out with a punch straight to the jaw. they have no technique at all, it's actually funny watching them fight.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:11 PM

59 posts, read 143,210 times
I'm not sure where in Baltimore I was, but I was taking a bus from wherever the Megabus dropped my off to Johns Hopkins, and I've never seen a more run down, scary area in any city I've ever been to. It totally soiled my opinion of the entire city.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:51 PM

491 posts, read 885,901 times
Port Au Prince, Haiti:

Juarez, Mexico:

Rio De Janeiro:http://img1.planeteye.com/users/7/94/99/495184846227.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City