Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,191,123 times

Advertisements

What are your absolute favorite major (1 million metro) cities in the U.S.?Why are you inclined to these cities? List your top 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
1. New York City - Everything about it is great
2. Los Angles - The best parts would be the coastal suburbs
3. Las Vegas - 24/7 entertainment
4. San Diego - Great weather
5. Austin - Fun college town, with great outdoor things to do nearby
6. New Orleans - Lots of history to see that won't bore you like the Northeast historical cities
7. Seattle - Has the best of city life with the relaxation of the outdoors nearby
8. Dallas - Good place for a young person to find a good job
9. Houston - Lots of greenery
10. San Francisco - Seems like a great place to live

Old 04-18-2009, 12:11 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,815 times
Los Angeles- Endless Entertainment, Diversity, Hills, Beaches, Valleys, Deserts, weather!...limitless Food options!
New York City- Hectic, the energy, entertainment, architecture, 8 million people!
Miami- the beaches! nightlife,
Chicago- beautiful architecture, the lakes, food options!, great vibe!
San Diego- hometown, weather!, beautiful atmosphere, the beaches!,
San Francisco- beautiful scenery, wonderful architecture,
Seattle-Beautiful scenery! very distinct, different vibe to other american cities
Boston- New England!
Jersey City- Family!
Portland- beautiful atmosphere and scenery. great culture

Old 04-18-2009, 01:11 PM

468 posts, read 1,220,340 times
Santa Barbara, CA - most beautiful city in the U.S. (including weather), though can get boring living there (small town).

Old 04-18-2009, 08:06 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
haven't we done this before?

Old 04-18-2009, 09:55 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,191,123 times
^ What thread haven't we done before? If you don't want to post, you don't have to.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:25 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,009 times
1. Columbus, Ohio
2. Toledo, Ohio
3. Seattle, WA
4. Las Vegas, Nevada
5. Boston, Massachusetts
6. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
7. New York, New York
8. Cleveland, Ohio
9. Detroit, Michigan
10. Sacramento, California

Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 AM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times
U.S. cities... Over a million metro population... At the moment...

1. Seattle
- Stunning city and scenery, great atmosphere, great culture, unique salty-sea feeling of being on the Sound. Who can say no to such a lush location? Just has a very cool feeling all-around, but has the substance to back it up. And I love the climate.

2. Portland
- Feels like an overgrown version of my hometown with the inland, river setting and lush mountains. Uniquely Oregon, for sure. An indie music scene second to none, along with all sorts of extreme/interesting folks.

3. Los Angeles
- My family members in LA say that I'm a native Californian who just happened to be born in Oregon. LA gets overbashed, even by myself sometimes. I love the the familiar Mediterranean climate. Really beautiful area when the smog lets up, especially by the beach. Feels laid back to me, even when your life is hectic (in my experience) and even though everything is kind of go-go-go-go-go.

4. San Francisco
- The city, the setting (though a little too arid for me), the weather... Everything is awesome about San Francisco pretty much.
5. Houston
- I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to Houston, but it just seems so exotic compared to what I'm used to. It seems like there's a lot going on there. Well... it is a huge city, so of course there is... I don't know how the humidity or crazy roads and freeways would treat me though.
6. Denver
- Colorado is another place I've got some roots. Denver is a pretty cool town. There isn't one thing that really sticks out at me, but it just overall seems like a great place. Buuut it's a little too far from the ocean for my taste. I couldn't stay there for too long because of that. But its urban core is a good thing.
7. San Diego
- Far too little rain for me, but an awesome city and great location. SoCal smooth.
8. Boston
- Too much snow, but still a kick-a city. Really kick-a.
9. Providence
- See above.
10. Um... Sacramento? San Jose?
- I'm running out of desirable cities... Either of these is an okay town. Nothing special. Not very spectacular settings by any means. I could live in either. Close to SF, the ocean, etc.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:57 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
1) Houston (vastly underrated city, tons to do, great people, home)
2) Philly (NYC without the arrogance)
3) Rochester NY (also a underrated city, where I grew up)
4) Atlanta (see Houston but I don't live there)
5) Wash DC (never disappoints)
6) Pittsburgh (love the topography)
7) Chicago (great city, great people)
8) Dallas (see Houston except I don't live there)
9) Cleveland (alot of my relatives live there, could be great again and I wish it could make a comeback
10) Los Angeles (lots of fun to be had there)

Old 04-20-2009, 08:28 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
1. Washington D.C.
2. NYC
3. San Francisco
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
6. Seattle
7. San Diego
8. Dallas
9. New Orleans
10. Baltimore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City