Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,495,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
I like both to be honest. I realize that NYC came up with it (influenced by us of course) and the correct formula is to have good lyrics but I like lyrics at a Southern angle (Luda, T.I., Andre 3000, Bun B, Wale*, etc). To NYCRican, Soulja Boy's from Chicago and moved to ATL, he's a school aged kid, google superman that h*e to get the meaning of his song (it's pretty stupid once you know what he's talking about). *The guy reps the DMV, so hey...
funny but disgusting

Old 04-21-2009, 08:59 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,652,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Indeed... I think its pretty funny.
It's funny (and embarrassing) to hear the middle-aged women try to be up to date by singing the chorus when they have no clue that they're singing about sheets being stuck on some lady's back. That's all I'm going to say. Who does that in real life anyway?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,797,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lol you just posted that 2 hours ago...nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying since you seem to love that song
lol, I know, I'm hooked, they keep playing it on 92.3, and it gets me psyched up for the shore, because in about a month I'm gonna be doin' what DESE GUYS are doin', WHOOOOOAAAHHHHH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfUMBgfhn0

Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
It's funny (and embarrassing) to hear the middle-aged women try to be up to date by singing the chorus when they have no clue that they're singing about sheets being stuck on some lady's back. That's all I'm going to say. Who does that in real life anyway?
I was at the Univ of SC football game and they started playing the song for a commerical break

A hot looking college girl started singing the chorus.

I look at her and go "yeah i will superman your a**".

She just smiled and kept singing the song. LOL. She had know idea what it meant

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 04-21-2009 at 09:09 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
funny but disgusting
Yeah, it is. My aunt was trying to stay current by learning a new dance (when the song was new) and she was singing that around the house and I just said "You really don't know what this is about, do you?", I didn't want to tell her (that would have been too awkward). She's old fashioned, and that would have horrified her if she knew the point of that song.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I was at the Univ of SC football game and they started playing the song for a commerical break

A hot looking college girl started singing the chorus.

I look at her and go "yeah i will superman your a**". She just smiled and kept singing the song. LOL

She had know idea what it meant. LOL
Oh, really! Nah, she knew what it meant, she probably wake up feeling like she's kin to superman every morning...never know, it's college. (am I being vague enough with this?)

Old 04-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Oh, really! Nah, she knew what it meant, she probably wake up feeling like she's kin to superman every morning...never know, it's college. (am I being vague enough with this?)
i am well aware of what it means. cant be repeated on this forum

just like the ying yang song.

girls would sing that non stop and have no idea the meaning of the lyrics

Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM

136 posts, read 267,183 times
I generally equate Southern "Hip-Hop" to poppish, Bass heavy mindless BS. Of course this isn't true in all cases (Outkast, Cunninlynguists, etc.), but it seems to be the norm. Lil's Wayne is not hot. Gucci can't rap, plus his beats are trash...The list goes on. Not hating...some southern cats are doing there thing...but come on now...

"Northern"(Commonly know as East Coast) Hip-Hop by a landslide.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 PM

806 posts, read 2,962,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn's Finest View Post
I generally equate Southern "Hip-Hop" to poppish, Bass heavy mindless BS. Of course this isn't true in all cases (Outkast, Cunninlynguists, etc.), but it seems to be the norm. Lil's Wayne is not hot. Gucci can't rap, plus his beats are trash...The list goes on. Not hating...some southern cats are doing there thing...but come on now...

"Northern"(Commonly know as East Coast) Hip-Hop by a landslide.
Lil Wayne continually pumping out great hits. His new mixtape with rock influence is both power-packed and packed with great melody. Gucci can't rap well but the background and the chorus is good when driving, since it can pump you up, also some of the dances are fun "I take my shirt off and all the hos start breezing.." Its easy to come with a dance for this when drunk.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 PM

136 posts, read 267,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Lil Wayne continually pumping out great hits.
Popular?

Yes.

Great?

I disagree.

Quote:
His new mixtape with rock influence is both power-packed and packed with great melody.
Only heard one song off of it, so I can't judge. Didn't sound hot at all though.

Quote:
Gucci can't rap well but the background and the chorus is good when driving, since it can pump you up, also some of the dances are fun "I take my shirt off and all the hos start breezing.." Its easy to come with a dance for this when drunk.
Music like that is only good when I'm grinding up on some chick at a party. They love that commercial southern stuff here at school, so I suppose it has its uses. It isn't quality stuff though.

Besides, people will dance to damn near anything when they are drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.