Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you rather reside?
Atlanta 53 38.13%
Philly 86 61.87%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times

Advertisements

There is nothing more beautiful than ice on the limbs of those bare leaf trees. They sparkle and glisten.

That is what I like so much about 4 seasons. There is a special beauty for EACH season.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:06 PM

358 posts, read 754,731 times
Philly for me. Preferably, along the Main Line or on Pine Street in Center City

Old 07-23-2009, 12:02 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
There is nothing more beautiful than ice on the limbs of those bare leaf trees. They sparkle and glisten.

That is what I like so much about 4 seasons. There is a special beauty for EACH season.
You do know that Atlanta enjoys four, distinct seasons - right?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Both cities are definitely lively cities, but Atlanta is more of the growing, more modern city.
Personally, i like the more historic vibe, and i just like north eastern cities better than southern cities in general.

So Philly wins my vote

Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemorons View Post
Some of us have these things called JOBS. You know, a job is something that really isn't abundant in the sprawl belt right now. Seriously, what genius uses the criteria of how many posters on city-data from a certain city means how cool it is?

Also, Joe, Doesn't Atlanta have a very high crime rate also? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Oh, you probably live in the burbs down there. How can Atlanta really compare to Philly's entertainment? How many nightclubs have you been to in Philly? What is your opinion on Philly's bar scene? (and not lame clubs, only lame people go clubbin) IMO, Philly has one of the top notch Irish Pub/neighborhood bar/live music scenes in this country. I take it you are not a fan of architecture. You seem to totally ignore Philly in that regard.

Also, Philly has an amazing amount of beautiful women. Maybe next time you go, you can go walk around a while, look at what the city offers instead of looking for cheesy nightclubs to hang out in.

Philly does have a lot of beautiful women. Its a shame so many of them have ugly, stuck-up personalities. I would not mind meeting a sweet Southern girl sometime, that is for sure.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
Atlanta wins this hands down, however I do have love for Philly as my mother is from there and go visit quite often. But the weather, women, shopping, nightlife and money making oppurtunities in Atlanta far out weigh anything Philly has to offer me. As a single 20 something black male the nightlife in Atlanta is waaaaayyyy better then the nightlife in Philly. In Atlanta my options are limitless- I can go the strip club, I can go to a dive bar, I can go to an upscale lounge. When I visit my cousins in Philly my options are South Street or watching my 70 year old uncle shoot dice on the corner of 56th & Baltimore. Once again as a young black male, there is no way on earth I would ever pick Philly over Atlanta, sh*t damn near half my moms side of the family has either already moved here to the A, or breaking their necks trying to move here

Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
And am I the only one that found Philly boring????? It can't possibly be just me, I mean the city does ooze with history (which I love), I love the narrow streets, and I love the vibe. But it just seemed as if there was nothing to do on a Saturday night. For such a big city I found it quite boring at night, standing outside on the corner in front of my aunt's house or even bar hopping on South Street got old real quick. But with that said I can see how someone older (as well as white) would find Philly more appealing than Atlanta.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times
I'd say Philadelphia...... and as someone said...it must be boring there if we have all these Philadelphia threads?????? Makes no sense to me since we just got a warning to stop all the constant Atlanta threads....over and over and after a warning they still started more...so whose city is more boring???? According to the amount of threads.....that would be Atlanta would it not.....so look who is calling the kettle ........just an observation in my humble opinion.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,714,197 times
Philly has a lot more for nightlife other than south street. There are bars, clubs, afterhours, concerts, restaurants all over the place.
If there was nothing to do on a Saturday night, you need to look harder because there is plenty.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,615,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Atlanta wins this hands down, however I do have love for Philly as my mother is from there and go visit quite often. But the weather, women, shopping, nightlife and money making oppurtunities in Atlanta far out weigh anything Philly has to offer me. As a single 20 something black male the nightlife in Atlanta is waaaaayyyy better then the nightlife in Philly. In Atlanta my options are limitless- I can go the strip club, I can go to a dive bar, I can go to an upscale lounge. When I visit my cousins in Philly my options are South Street or watching my 70 year old uncle shoot dice on the corner of 56th & Baltimore. Once again as a young black male, there is no way on earth I would ever pick Philly over Atlanta, sh*t damn near half my moms side of the family has either already moved here to the A, or breaking their necks trying to move here
I agree with what you're saying about Atlanta and I think that's why so many people vote against it because Atlanta is viewed as "BLACK MECCA", which could be good to some but not so good to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City