Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best rap artists/R&B singers??
New York City 111 40.51%
Los Angeles 58 21.17%
Atlanta 85 31.02%
Miami 13 4.74%
Chicago 47 17.15%
Detroit 37 13.50%
Houston 26 9.49%
Washington, D.C. 7 2.55%
Philadelphia 36 13.14%
Dallas 8 2.92%
St. Louis 12 4.38%
New Orleans 21 7.66%
Baltimore 4 1.46%
Tampa 4 1.46%
Other 28 10.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:03 PM

117 posts, read 331,007 times

Advertisements

^ Riding dirty really, rap about cars. Seriously the south changed hip hop Wheres lil wayne, Drake, etc. why did you leave them out? Your case is not rested Hip hop was about real life stuff back then now when the south came in the 2000's- til present hip hop changed from what used to be great rap/ hiphop to now crap. Now it's all about the money, sex, cars, and stupid dance moves. To say I'm not telling the truth just go back to the 1990's and see the style and the lyrics. The Radio today out plays every song. Hip hop is terrible now. Lil wayne has nothing on Immortal Technique, the radio wont play immortal technique.Major Record labels want to sign Immortal but he didn't want to b/c he doesn't want to rap about what the record label tells him to rap about. Point is hip hop is terrible now lets make a switch to the Underground the good stuff.

Last edited by Cali Kidd951; 12-21-2009 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Immortal technique-now they say they wanna get me signed to the majors If I switch up my politics and change my behavior Try to tell me what to rhyme about over the beat ***** *****s that never spent a day in the street But I repeat that nobody can hold my reigns I put the truth on tracks *****, simple and plain.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:58 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate 24 View Post
^ Riding dirty really, rap about cars. Seriously the south changed hip hop Wheres lil wayne, Drake, etc. why did you leave them out? Your case is not rested Hip hop was about real life stuff back then now when the south came in the 2000's- til present hip hop changed from what used to be great rap/ hiphop to now crap. Now it's all about the money, sex, cars, and stupid dance moves. To say I'm not telling the truth just go back to the 1990's and see the style and the lyrics. The Radio today out plays every song. Hip hop is terrible now. Lil wayne has nothing on Immortal Technique, the radio wont play immortal technique.Major Record labels want to sign Immortal but he didn't want to b/c he doesn't want to rap about what the record label tells him to rap about. Point is hip hop is terrible now lets make a switch to the Underground the good stuff.
If you never heard Ridin Dirty then you need not to speak on it. The first couple of songs do not even talk about cars. One Day is not about a car. Drake is actually from Toronto. His point was that the South has been around even before 2000. Where do you think Outkast, Scarface, and the DOC are from? I do agree with you in that Wayne has nothing on IT but Wayne is not even the best rapper in his own city let alone the entire South.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
If you never heard Ridin Dirty then you need not to speak on it. The first couple of songs do not even talk about cars. One Day is not about a car. Drake is actually from Toronto. His point was that the South has been around even before 2000. Where do you think Outkast, Scarface, and the DOC are from? I do agree with you in that Wayne has nothing on IT but Wayne is not even the best rapper in his own city let alone the entire South.
I talking about Mainstream every region has good rappers but today it's hard to find them b/c the radio doesn't play them. I like outkast, scarface etc. but that was back in the day, I'm talking about right now hip hop is terrible and mainly the artist are from the south. Lets not forget about Auto-Tune the most overused drug used in hip hop today!

Last edited by Cali Kidd951; 12-21-2009 at 07:12 PM..

Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 AM

937 posts, read 927,698 times
Quote:
I voted other for Minneapolis, There underrated, they have a good size Underground scene as well.
Someone else knows! Shock to me.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:43 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
I talking about Mainstream every region has good rappers but today it's hard to find them b/c the radio doesn't play them. I like outkast, scarface etc. but that was back in the day, I'm talking about right now hip hop is terrible and mainly the artist are from the south. Lets not forget about Auto-Tune the most overused drug used in hip hop today!
But let's not forget that the East Coast does the same thing. Right now, most are from the South and that is a shame. But the other regions do the same thing.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
But let's not forget that the East Coast does the same thing. Right now, most are from the South and that is a shame. But the other regions do the same thing.
I agree, But I rappers have about girls Etc. to get played on the radio now. I bet thats the only reason there would change there rap b/c there record label tells them what to rap about. But come on this Auto-Tune crap changing your voice is to much. I would prefer not to listen to the radio, there outplay the songs to much and every song they play is gonna be about money, sex, cars, hoes, etc.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:26 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,003 times
Detroit has the best r&b singers
Houston has underground on lock
New York rap
Atlanta Mainstream

Old 12-27-2009, 03:32 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,003 times
Scarface and geto boyz putting down since 86 for the south. They collab with the west but face been on. GOAT

Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 PM

44 posts, read 85,067 times
Quote:
little wayne is trash
rappers have BEEN talking about money, sex and cars since the 80's, cut it out. all those 80s rappers wearin ridiculous gold rings n chains. west coast rap in the 90s was all about broads, money and violence.
immortal technique sucks, his flow is choppy and has horrible breath control. the radio doesnt play him because nobody wants to hear some angry peruvian whining about government conspiracies. he's doin alright underground n doesnt need to go mainstream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City