Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 PM

8,610 posts, read 10,142,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
Salt lake city if you are white and a morman.

Albuquerque if you enjoy culture, diversity, scenary, mild four seasons, distinct cuisine and much more.
Nice sweeping generalization and what a pimp post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 02:29 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaGrande View Post
How is SLC if you're not LDS?
If you really want an answer to this question, ask it on the Salt Lake City forum. Probably over half of the regular posters on that forum are non-LDS transplants to Salt Lake City. They'll tell you from their own experience what it's like. You could start with this thread, which is currently active.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:58 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,698,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
Salt lake city if you are white and a morman.

Albuquerque if you enjoy culture, diversity, scenary, mild four seasons, distinct cuisine and much more.
The ignorants on this site...

Old 07-14-2012, 09:42 AM

811 posts, read 2,940,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersins View Post
Salt Lake City by far. ABQ metro land size is even smaller than Vegas, where the northern tip to southern tip is only a 30 minute drive. It's metro and urban area is a lot smaller than Salt Lake City. Salt Lake City, on the other hand, the Urban land area is 120 miles long (known as the Wasatch Front), stretching from Santaquin (just south of Provo) all the way to Brigham City (just north of Ogden). Yeah, people are comparing it to Southern California, but you still have plenty of outdoors activities. They have really revamped the parks, and it seems like now that I have moved back here, there are a whole lot of activities planned in the who region. When I was out in ABQ, it was in the middle of nowhere, and not a whole lot to do. Although the Wasatch Front has 2.6 million people, it is still worth it.

Yes the ABQ metro is smaller than SLC however you said it's even smaller than Vegas, well of course it is Vegas is larger than SLC metro even larger than SLC CMA which has 1.7 million to Vegas 2 million. Who in their right mind would compare SLC metro to Southern California.....give me a break!
The SLC MSA is listed at 1.2 million according to the latest US Census. So don't go clumping the whole state of Utah 2.6 million and write it off like its the SLC metro. Albuquerque has tons of stuff to do and actually feels like a more vibrant city, than the narrow minded mentality that is the vibe in SLC.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times
ABQ. It's getting too crowded here on the Wasatch Front. So go somewhere else please.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 AM

2,342 posts, read 3,989,126 times
Salt Lake.

I like both but SLC is on another level.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:28 AM

1,669 posts, read 4,240,543 times
SLC looks like a real city to me. It has a fantastic downtown. ABQ - not so much.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 PM

419 posts, read 998,460 times
Salt lake city if you are white and morman

Albuquerque if you enjoy diversity, culture, great food, better weather, art, and everything else.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 PM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Salt lake city if you are white and morman

Albuquerque if you enjoy diversity, culture, great food, better weather, art, and everything else.
You haven't been to Salt Lake City have you? Cliche's are boring and you're not doing ABQ any favors. Yes ABQ is nice, that's why I'm moving there as I love it. However making negative uninformed posts about other cities makes you and ABQ look bad. Just saying.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 PM

419 posts, read 998,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
You haven't been to Salt Lake City have you? Cliche's are boring and you're not doing ABQ any favors. Yes ABQ is nice, that's why I'm moving there as I love it. However making negative uninformed posts about other cities makes you and ABQ look bad. Just saying.
I don't suger coat anything, I tell it how it is, and it's the truth. take it or leave it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City