Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrip View Post
One of your fellow Ohioans started this insult. To compare AZ with OH is pathetic and only a schmvck* from Ohio would start that.

Face it, your state sucks and it's depressing. How is your office are you working at night time too?
You're welcome.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 PM

52 posts, read 91,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
It's not an excuse; you used "Cleveageland" as an expression. Looks like high school is doing wonders for you.

Talk about using old excuses... you do realize the river caught on fire over 40 years ago, right? But yet there is a $250 million dollar mixed use development being built right beside it right now on the east bank, and the west bank is full of new condos. Wait, what about the new rowers and rowhouse they built too, or the parks? Oh yes, you clearly are up-to-date on a lot.

I will once again make mention of how pathetic you make yourself sound right now. You opened up a thread that was what, a year old? You're just like this ram poster. He lives in Michigan, Michigan with its crime rampant cities, sh**ty economy, only state of three to actually lose people, an economy completely reliant on one industry (and it shows), and says Detroit's economy is doing good because people "have big boats." I have a lot of friends here in Cleveland from Michigan, but ram makes all of Michigan look bad. The Ohio forum has pretty much dismissed most of what he has to say. He always is posting in the Ohio forum (which they have every right to), but if you had such a bad time there, why do you post in the Ohio forum? I lived in Indiana, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts. Do you know how many times I post in each one of those forums... barely ever. Because I have moved on. I could careless what is going on in Tampa... what new gentrification project is happening in Boston. To come into a forum and badtalk an area just because you hate it or didn't like your time there makes you a troll, or just pathetic. You did the exact same thing with this very thread.

You clearly went out of your way to put down Ohio. I am going to assume you were looking at this site, noticed this thread and created an account? Then you proceeded to make up a post even after realizing that this thread was about a year old. Ok, let's continue. You up to speed, Cleveageland?

So according to you, Phoenix now rivals Seattle? Where's that logic coming from? Phoenix sprawls for hundreds of miles, could only wish for neighborhoods like Mount Adams, Over-the-Rhine, German Village, Ohio City, University Circle, etc. Phoenix's zoo was mentioned.... it doesn't even hold a candle to Cincinnati's, Toledo's, Cleveland's, or Columbus' which has been voted for several times the best in the nation. Phoenix could only wish for something like the Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland Orchestra, Cincinnati Museum of Art, the Short North, the Arena District, etc. Phoenix could only wish for a national park 30 minutes from downtown. For how far Phoenix sprawls, it could use a light rail system that actually lead you to other places other than it's pathetic downtown and points very short north and east. Downtown Phoenix doesn't have anything like the Warehouse District, East Fourth Neighborhood, and Playhouse Square downtown. Downtown Phoenix doesn't have the tight narrow streets with the high density that give you that big city feel. Downtown Phoenix doesn't have a Fountain Square or billion dollar brand new riverfront under construction. Phoenix isn't building a medical mart because it is world renowned for its medical institutions. The day Arizona's colleges can compete with colleges in Ohio, let me know. The day Phoenix gets a school like Case, let me know.

I have friends from New Zealand, Christchurch to be exact. If you have ever been there, you know it's a beautiful city. If you know anything about Australia and New Zealand's cities, you know they have dense urban cores. Well unfortunately Christchurch went through a bad earthquake last year which destroyed a lot of the CBD. They had to tear down a bunch of old historic and modern buildings. My friends had to move to Hamilton on the North Island. They flew back to Christchurch not too long ago. They were able to fly over the CBD and look down. They were disappointed with what they saw. What this leads to next was their comment I could only imagine this once beautiful city and how bad it must really be. They told me that Christchurch now looks like some brown barren wasteland like Phoenix, Tucson, and Albuquerque. There was no density left, parking lots everywhere, and buildings being torn down to make way for a field for possible development. Guess internationally, Phoenix is not known for good urban planning. You would think having 1.5 million people would warrant otherwise... guess not.

You honestly could have started a fine discussion here, but in the end, you dug yourself a hole. No matter how you want to look at it or admit it, you did. You clearly hate Ohio which is fine. C-D is meant for people to express their opinions and talk about issues, cities, etc. But you opened a thread that was old, talked about Ohio being trash and how bad it was for you and anyone else, and you became a huge joke. Look at your very first post, you expect people to take you seriously? Oh who cares what you expect. You're a junior member who clearly doesn't know the TOS and take on troll tendencies. We see that a lot on here from first posters.

On that note, I look forward to further discussion (or just bi****** rants on your part) and you proving my point.

OK (WOW!)..Use you're brain and re-read my past post carefully and make sure you press the button in the top left of you're head to turn the machine on to scan meticulously my words.

When did I compare phoenix with Seattle? are you blind?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,900,018 times
Quote:
We go by semesters in my university, like the rest America. But I guess that OSU still runs with quarters? When are they going to be like the rest of the U.S.?
Because that proves so much! Once again, another mute point by Jack. Do you want to trade in that shovel for an excavator?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
OK (WOW!)..Use you're brain and re-read my past post carefully and make sure you press the button in the top left of you're head to turn the machine on to scan meticulously my words.

Post #34. Phoenix is nowhere in Seattle's class, btw.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You're welcome.
Funny! The life story of a man that traveled from the land of misery and child molestation all the way to sunny California.

You live in California and you're protecting Ohio? WTF! haha

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Go back and read you own posts. You can't be this pathetic can you? You haven't done anything all day, but I will quote it for you.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Post #34. Phoenix is nowhere in Seattle's class, btw.
You and traveler need to turn on the switch in the back of your heads, and start trying to pull a miracle?

Again when did I say that? But two nuts don't make a genius!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah...and that is not important?...OK!

Only some one from Ohio would make that argument. Very false. People either move to big cities and heavily condensate populated areas or they move to nice natural scenery's. Ohio meets neither one.

There is no city like New York or Chicago in Ohio and Ohio does not have an amazing scenery like Arizona, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico..it lacks both.

Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati are at best "big towns" they are not metropolitan cities. PHX and Seattle are closer in transition to becoming a city, larger and more diverse.

Its because you're state is xenophobic, full or rude people. Costumer service sucks and it ranks one of the worst in the country. Racism in Ohio is more predominant than in Texas. The weather is ****, and people are always one upping each other.

The worst part, is that its so bad that Ohioans get defensive because they know dam well they are the "arm pits of america" and West Virginia, "has to be the butt hole"

You're logic is twisted and honestly makes no sense!

Landscape is an essential reason why the actual destination becomes a nice place to live. Historically people move to live in a better scenery.

You don't move to AZ because it looks like Ohio, you move because scenery plays a large role. Nature plays a big role. Likewise, you move to Ohio because its a cheap place to live within its ugly landscape.

When you travel try this.

You go around the world and you say I lived in AZ! People respond "oh nice were the dessert and outlaws lived right?"...

You go around the world and you say you lived in OH! People will be like, "WTF is Ohio?" "where is it?"....well don't explain them what it looks like because its like explaining a horror movie!

sentenced!
I guess Phoenix is now in Seattle's league.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Go back and read you own posts. You can't be this pathetic can you? You haven't done anything all day, but I will quote it for you.
Are you stupid? I know what I said. The problem here is 'have you find the turn on button yet"?

turn it on, TURN THE ****ING THING ON! haha

Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Funny! The life story of a man that traveled from the land of misery and child molestation all the way to sunny California.

You live in California and you're protecting Ohio? WTF! haha
Yeah, I've been to both; one is a sprawling sandbox filled with cactus and mini-malls and the other is farmland broken up by actual cities. Neither is very exciting, but I'd rather stay a few years in the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City