Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver Vs. Columbus
Denver 61 67.78%
Columbus 29 32.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:06 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times

Advertisements

Denver was fun too visit.. But there is something about the lack of true urban life and spiritual/almost hippy influence that I cannot stand. It gets annoying. Columbus is a much better quality of life in my opinion. Ethnic neighborhoods, hours from 1/2 the population of the US, true urban grit along with typical American suburbs.

For visiting Denver wins by a landslide. For actually living and raising a family, my choice is Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Denver was fun too visit.. But there is something about the lack of true urban life and spiritual/almost hippy influence that I cannot stand. It gets annoying. Columbus is a much better quality of life in my opinion. Ethnic neighborhoods, hours from 1/2 the population of the US, true urban grit along with typical American suburbs.

For visiting Denver wins by a landslide. For actually living and raising a family, my choice is Columbus.

Oh yeah I forgot. My relatives in Denver pointed out that it gets annoying having to do things like drive half way across the Metro area just to go to a black barbershop. That kind of thing you don't have to deal with in Columbus.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:37 PM

114 posts, read 546,284 times
I think both are great midsized cities. some of the best. The best for me is Seattle.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,513 times
I live in Denver, and I have been to Columbus. I like both cities for different reasons.

Let me say first of all, that even though I live in Denver, I rarely make it up into the mountains. Traffic heading that direction on the weekends can be horrendous... nonetheless, the mountains are beautiful and really do provide a great backdrop, even if you're not into the "outdoorsy" thing (beleive it or not, most Denverites I know don't spend alot of time in the mountains. Kind of like how most Californians don't spend alot of time at the beach).

Denver has plenty of great urban neighborhoods, good nightlife and lots of good restaurants. We have the second largest Performing Arts Center in the US after New York.

One major advantage that Columbus has over Denver is its location. You're within driving distance of tons of great cities. Denver is more isolated, so you generally have to fly if you want to get away to another city for the weekend.

Columbus is more humid than Denver, and it is also much greener. Both cities have nice, clean suburbs. Columbus is far cheaper, which is a major advantage. From what I observed, the traffic is much worse in Denver.

Given the choice between the two, I'd still pick Denver. But Columbus isn't a bad choice, either.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:48 PM

114 posts, read 546,284 times
Ive never been to Denver I want to know what its like to vist there. What is there to do. Other than the mountains.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:33 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,211,391 times
Denver

Better downtown, near the rockies, and has light rail.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,713 times
C-Bus, because at least you can get to about 10 other major metropolitan areas in 5 hours vs. Denver where you might only be able to get to 1 or 2.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:47 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,971,930 times
I prefer Denver but hey thats just me.CD encourages bumping old threads.
-WT

Old 10-11-2016, 01:56 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,099,542 times
I live in Columbus and have a great interest in visiting Denver. Since I've never been to Colorado I can't really speak on Denver at all but have a general positive perception of the city.

Personally I love living in Columbus. We are a significant political center, doing well economically, have a progressive atmosphere and are rapidly developing. There a ton of young people due to OSU's presence as well as employers like Limited Brands, JP Morgan Chase, Nationwide, Cardinal Health etc. I would say the biggest drawbacks to Columbus are lack of interesting topography and mediocre public transit. The highlights are the people, the convenience, mild traffic, general safety, affordable cost of living etc. and certain core neighborhoods like Victorian Village, German Village, Short North Arena District etc.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:33 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
Denver has the Rocky Mountains and Columbus has the first Wendy's you decide.
I thought that Wendy's closed down during the recession! Denver has the first Quiznos - between the two of the them I'd avoid both
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City