Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you rather live in, and is overall better?
New Jersey - Garden State 103 46.61%
Florida - "Sunshine" state 118 53.39%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:03 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I have been to 33 states in the US. I am a georgraphy major in school and compared to most places in the US New Jersey has nothing to offer besides for suburbs and yes an even more trashy mini Vegas in Atlantic City.
Sounds like you are describing Florida's suburban sprawled cookie cutter suburbs and Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 06:05 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:
I have been to 33 states in the US. I am a georgraphy major in school and compared to most places in the US New Jersey has nothing to offer besides for suburbs and yes an even more trashy mini Vegas in Atlantic City.
So, in essence, you're not really asking what NJ has to offer b/c technically you've already answered your own question, no?

If you're bashing NJ isn't it just easier to say that instead?

Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Sounds like you are describing Florida's suburban sprawled cookie cutter suburbs and Miami.
He/she has probably been to Newark or AC airport, got heldover for a flight and flew out within several hours. Only to check off New Jersey as a place he/she's been.

If suburbs was all the fella found then he/she didn't go too far.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:08 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
The Southern part of the State away from the Philly sprawlburbs is actually very nice. Cape May is beautiful - you should check it out.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yes, but Miami also is a large diverse international city with two national parks on its border, world famous beaches, a delicate ecosystem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
He/she has probably been to Newark or AC airport, got heldover for a flight and flew out within several hours. Only to check off New Jersey as a place he/she's been.

If suburbs was all the fella found then he/she didn't go too far.
I have stayed inside the state a few times, driven through a countless amount of times. Most of my friends from college live in NJ. And AC airport really? No one makes connections in that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
The Southern part of the State away from the Philly sprawlburbs is actually very nice. Cape May is beautiful - you should check it out.
I am not saying NJ is all bad, maybe I was a bit harsh earlier. But I dont see how it can compare to Florida with different things to offer.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:25 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
I don't ant to bump into your ignorance, but AC is one significant shore city, as if LV is any less trashy.
As for your suburb statement, Jersey City-Hoboken are great cities lumped together with a similar feel as if you were in Brooklyn with close ties with Manhattan, Newark is by far one of the most urban cities per captia in a middle of step forward, NJ has a massive Transit system closely tied to NYC making access so convenient, and in comparison to FL, NNJ has a much better job market. I don't see how the suburbs are'nt more significant than most to almost all other suburbs in the nation. It sure might not be the best suburbs in opinion, but in terms of having an importance the NYC-NJ suburbs tops all others.

The Jersey shore is pretty much one of the most visited shores on the East coast. I'm guessing there's nothing much to offer there going by your logic.

Rag on about our suburbs, but a lot of jersey suburbs are more urban and offers more than a lot of single cities out there. You can't just focus on the idea that NJ is a 100% metro area of NYC and Philly without thinking that NJ offers a lot in random suburban cities. NJ doesn't stuff all what it has to offer in single cities since it's limited by two massive cities sandwiching the state.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, but Miami also is a large diverse international city with two national parks on its border, world famous beaches, a delicate ecosystem.

I have stayed inside the state a few times, driven through a countless amount of times. Most of my friends from college live in NJ. And AC airport really? No one makes connections in that thing.

I am not saying NJ is all bad, maybe I was a bit harsh earlier. But I dont see how it can compare to Florida with different things to offer.

'Stayed in the state a few times', and 'and driven through a countless amount of times', regarding NJ can vastly change one's view of the place.

And NJ does have famous beaches (Cape May as earlier mentioned), and a delicate ecosystem.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:31 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
And NJ does have famous beaches (Cape May as earlier mentioned), and a delicate ecosystem.
America's Prettiest Cities (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-33915626 - broken link)

Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times
FLORIDA. Weather. Sports. (Better Fans). Beaches On Both sides. Not So Small. Nothing or Nowhere to go in New Jersey. Its Plain and Bland Boring State.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
NJ is small, outdated, crowded, over priced, over taxed, has too many rude people and has nothing unique to offer. Most people who live there only live there because it's proximity to NYC and Philly. There are some nice suburbs but that's about it.

Last edited by GLS2010; 04-26-2010 at 07:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City