Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: HOUSTON VS SEATTLE
HOUSTON 57 35.85%
SEATTLE 92 57.86%
EQUAL 10 6.29%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Took you long enough.

Ha ha
LOL, no need to bother with an inferior city.

Who cares who is winning the poll? see how many people from Houston are ignoring the thread?? Just because you guys come out in mass to bash, doesn't make Seattle any better.

The statistics speak for itself. Seattle is less desirable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,824,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

Who cares who is winning the poll? see how many people from Houston are ignoring the thread?? Just because you guys come out in mass to bash, doesn't make Seattle any better.

Ok just prove it stop crying and debate the issue what makes Houston better than Seattle just because something is bigger dont meen its better.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
IDC about a poll. Polls can be fixed with fake accounts. Look at the growth of Houston vs Seattle. People are going to Houston because they have jobs and a higher QOL of life which is two categories SEattle fails at miserably.

I would rather live in the South over a west coast city filled with hippies!
What a joke. If it was Seattle that was losing, you wouldn't hesitate to tell every one about it. I voted for Houston, but you're pretty much handing Seattle votes with your lame rants.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Ok just prove it stop crying and debate the issue what makes Houston better than Seattle just because something is bigger dont meen its better.
Houston is better all ways around. Seattle is a middle of the road city/ metro whatever you want to call it.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

Who exaclty is bashing Houston "en masse"? Stop crying already.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:09 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
They call those swamps. Seattle has plenty of parks in the city. And I promise you, none in Houston have anything remotely as cool as this view.
I'm not talking about just swamps. I'm also talking about the ports and Galveston Bay. I never said Seattle didn't have parks. I did however say Houston has very large parks. I believe Houston has one of the largest urban parks in the nation and Houston's parks are one of the largest park systems in the nation.

BTW, I never spoke ill towards Seattle either. That is a nice view. Never stated otherwise.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,843 times
Not trying to throw salt on Seattle, but the fact that Seattle is winning this poll shows that this is more of a popularity contest between the two cities rather than based on factual information. It shows that most city-data forumers also have a real stigma about Houston.

We all know where my vote goes to, and it's not based on what city i like better or live closer to.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 11-15-2011, 01:14 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Not trying to throw salt on Seattle, but the fact that Seattle is winning this poll shows that this is more of a popularity contest between the two cities rather than based on factual information. It shows that most city-data forumers also have a real stigma about Houston.
We covered that point thouroughly in the Seattle vs. Dallas poll and you are absolutely correct.

Ironic that Seattle is beating Houston by almost exactly the same margin as its beating Dallas in the other poll. I think pretty much everyone (minus Metro Matt of course) voted the same way in both.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
We covered that point thouroughly in the Seattle vs. Dallas poll and you are absolutely correct.

Ironic that Seattle is beating Houston by almost exactly the same margin as its beating Dallas in the other poll. I think pretty much everyone (minus Metro Matt of course) voted the same way in both.
and notice the lack of Texans in either thread? While the PNW troups came out to the bashing party, Texans mainly stayed away.

Seattle is a nice city, but come on, it is not on the level of NY, Houston, DFW, Philly and all those other cities they have been compared too

Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
It's fine if one prefers Seattle over Houston or if they believe they like their culture or vibe and future over Houston. Economy can be debated. As well as shopping considering not everyone cares for that anyway. I don't think there's much of a difference between the two except experience. But their is no need to bash other cities and I've also only seen that come from one side. Like I said, there is no constructive criticism on this board for certain cities. Just downright bashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City