Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:42 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,239,221 times

Advertisements

Sparks, NV. They're tough there...ready to LIGHT it up at any moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
To be honest, the only city I see as NOT being manly enough.
Is San Fran, and maybe New York or Seattle...but mostly San Fran
Clint Eastwood is from San Francisco. Enough said. Oh, look I see you're from Dallas. Dallas = cowboys. Cowboys = Brokeback Mountian. I guess Dallas ain't very manly! (well, i guess it depends on what kind of "manliness" you're looking for ) Oh yeah, Dallas also = a soap opera. Definitely not manly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 01:19 AM

83 posts, read 99,576 times
Pittsburgh, Philly, Milwaukee, Detroit, Nashville, Toledo, Dayton, Cleveland, Indy, KC

Old 12-12-2009, 01:46 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
In my experience, SF is alllll man where it counts.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:44 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Interestingly the Sperling "Combos hmm hmm toasty" list placed NYC as the least manly.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,676,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Sperling named "Nashville" the "Manliest Town" with Charlotte, North Carolina and Oklahoma City runners up. It's interesting seeing a city named for a woman, Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg, be deemed so full of manliness. (I was going to link, but Sperling's is likely deemed a "rival site.")

Columbia, South Carolina looks to have a high percent of both people in military barracks and firemen. (As they go by gender on lists) Both those groups can be tough.

http://www.city-data.com/top2/c526.html
http://www.city-data.com/top2/c142.html

Laredo, Texas has a good many men in mining, truck transportation, and maintenance. Those are seen as "blue collar" or "manly."

http://www.city-data.com/top2/c548.html
http://www.city-data.com/top2/c678.html
http://www.city-data.com/top2/c714.html
I agree. Charlotte breeds some big ol country boys. I'll never forget when my Garner Senior high school football team went an entire season undefeated. That's until we met up with Independence High for the state championship. Let me tell you not only did we get zipped, but many of our players came back with casts and bandages.

My cousin's fiance' is from right outside of Charlotte. The guy is a backwoods, old fashioned, country neanderthal, who's big as a house. He brags about his favorite thing to do back home is go cow tipping. He talks like a big old redneck from 30 years ago, but he's a 22 year old black guy.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,889 times
Haha how is San Diego tough?? Yeah, they may have Marine training there, but a lot of guys in San Diego pop their collars on their pink polo shirts and worry about their tan. It's a beautiful city, hardly "tough" though.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:24 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Interestingly the Sperling "Combos hmm hmm toasty" list placed NYC as the least manly.
Many metrosexuals maybe?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:33 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
In terms of American cities... probably San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:30 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,476,602 times
Quote:
Where the heck is "San Fran?" Is it somewhere near Dall or Hous? Or is it closer to Seatt?

Old 12-12-2009, 06:43 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
I agree. Charlotte breeds some big ol country boys. I'll never forget when my Garner Senior high school football team went an entire season undefeated. That's until we met up with Independence High for the state championship. Let me tell you not only did we get zipped, but many of our players came back with casts and bandages.

My cousin's fiance' is from right outside of Charlotte. The guy is a backwoods, old fashioned, country neanderthal, who's big as a house. He brags about his favorite thing to do back home is go cow tipping. He talks like a big old redneck from 30 years ago, but he's a 22 year old black guy.
I remember as a teenager going out to the farms at night and cow tipping. It was good clean fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City