Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Ditto with all the projects in Cleveland.
I am really interested to see how the Uptown Project pans out

Uptown - University Circle - Cleveland, Ohio - Urban Living

BTW - University Circle employs 40,000 people draws 13,000 students, and 2.5 million visitors a year. It's one of the most unique areas in Ohio and one of the main reasons I moved to Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
A park on the banks of a river isn't going to make it the best city in Ohio by a large margin, that's just foolish.
If the Bengals are up on the Browns 34-21 in the 4th quarter, and Ocho Cinco catches a late TD and does the chicken dance in the end zone, the gap widens to 41-21.

Now, imagine the Bengals represent Cincinnati, the Browns rep Cleveland, and Ocho Cinco's late touchdown is the banks project. Seems an existing gap just got wider.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
If the Bengals are up on the Browns 34-21 in the 4th quarter, and Ocho Cinco catches a late TD and does the chicken dance in the end zone, the gap widens to 41-21.

Now, imagine the Bengals represent Cincinnati, the Browns rep Cleveland, and Ocho Cinco's late touchdown is the banks project. Seems an existing gap just got wider.
If the Browns are up on the Bengals 34-21 in the 4th quarter, and Ocho Cinco catches a late TD and does the chicken dance in the end zone, the gap narrows to 34-28.

Now, imagine the Bengals represent Cincinnati, the Browns rep Cleveland, and Ocho Cinco's late touchdown is the banks project. Seems an existing gap just got narrower.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Cleveland for me

Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Quote:

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
If the Browns are up on the Bengals 34-21 in the 4th quarter, and Ocho Cinco catches a late TD and does the chicken dance in the end zone, the gap narrows to 34-28.

Now, imagine the Bengals represent Cincinnati, the Browns rep Cleveland, and Ocho Cinco's late touchdown is the banks project. Seems an existing gap just got narrower.
Haha.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:52 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
Quote:

No, I doubt you know anything about Cleveland.

What does Cincinnati have or is better at than Cleveland? I can only think of a few things 1. Weather, and only slightly. 2. Better economy and population growth. 3. ??? maybe college sports?. Cleveland has a great lake (boating, sailing, jetskis, surfing, beaches, swimming, fishing, etc), skiing, 3 major league sports teams including Lebron (they also all play downtown), 2nd largest theater district in the country after NYCs broadway, best hospitals in the world Cleveland Clinic, Top 5 Orchestra in the world, a much better local and national music scene, University Circle (includes colleges, hospitals, housing, etc), Rock n Roll hall of fame, NFL fall of fame not far away (Canton), Best amusement park in the world for 11 years running not far away (Cedar Point in Sandusky), IX Center which includes an amusement park inside it along with hosting many conventions and shows, nearly all acts and artists doing countrywide tours make a stop in Cleveland (over Cincinnati and Columbus especially), light and heavy rail (Cincinnati has neither), a much better public transportation system, a much more diverse city, and metro including suburbs and surrounding cities culturally and racially, large Hispanic (especially Puerto Rican and Mexican), Black, White, European Immigrants, Asian, and Arab etc communities, better food, great urban suburbs like Lakewood and Shaker Heights, a much larger urban core with not as much sprawl, less brutal summer weather, etc I could go on. Cincinnati simply cannot compete with Cleveland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post

This is much more accurate.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:08 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
No, I doubt you know anything about Cleveland.

What does Cincinnati have or is better at than Cleveland? I can only think of a few things 1. Weather, and only slightly. 2. Better economy and population growth. 3. ??? maybe college sports?. Cleveland has a great lake (boating, sailing, jetskis, surfing, beaches, swimming, fishing, etc), skiing, 3 major league sports teams including Lebron (they also all play downtown), 2nd largest theater district in the country after NYCs broadway, best hospitals in the world Cleveland Clinic, Top 5 Orchestra in the world, a much better local and national music scene, University Circle (includes colleges, hospitals, housing, etc), Rock n Roll hall of fame, NFL fall of fame not far away (Canton), Best amusement park in the world for 11 years running not far away (Cedar Point in Sandusky), IX Center which includes an amusement park inside it along with hosting many conventions and shows, nearly all acts and artists doing countrywide tours make a stop in Cleveland (over Cincinnati and Columbus especially), light and heavy rail (Cincinnati has neither), a much better public transportation system, a much more diverse city, and metro including suburbs and surrounding cities culturally and racially, large Hispanic (especially Puerto Rican and Mexican), Black, White, European Immigrants, Asian, and Arab etc communities, better food, great urban suburbs like Lakewood and Shaker Heights, a much larger urban core with not as much sprawl, less brutal summer weather, etc I could go on. Cincinnati simply cannot compete with Cleveland.

This is much more accurate.
Everything that makes Cleveland better than Cincy is right there. Good post!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,745 times
I prefer Cleveland myself, but would have to say the Cincinnati has better architecture and better urban neighborhoods closer to the core of the city.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:13 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
I visited Cincinnati in January, and it never felt remotely Southern to me. Even the two big cities in Kentucky felt more Midwestern than Southern, although there certainly was a degree of Southernness to both.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:28 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Spent time in both, this one isn't really that close in my opinion.

Cincinnati in a landslide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City