Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN99 View Post
I understand what you are saying. I agree with you.
Thank you. I'm glad someone sane is reading.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:14 AM

203 posts, read 689,050 times
Lol at midwesterners getting big n bad against californians ... Gimme a break in real world no one cares wut goes on in those flyover states so keep your wack cubs that never win and stay angry at the coasts

Old 12-27-2009, 03:17 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Funny how you accuse him of the exact same thing you are doing. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Oh good, another dose of that famed Chi-Town intellect.

How is what I did in any way, shape or form the "exact" same thing as what I called him on? I thought it was pathetic that he couldn't contain his hatred for one day, EVEN ON CHRISTMAS. My Christmas was spent being positive and enjoying myself with family, not trying to stir the pot in an online forum and insult people. I was unfortunate enough to come across that nonsense earlier today, and I responded to it.

My post wasn't designed to bash Chicago in any way; I just pointed out how ridiculously hateful he was being. Well that, and I expressed my amusement with his bizarre obsession. So how in the world did you conclude that I was doing "the exact same thing?"

You employ a very, very odd version of logic.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
I was commenting on him taking "jabs" and doing whatnot. Nothing about Christmas. Then you come in and talk about it not being Christmas. I never mentioned that, I don't know how you are relating that to anything I said!
It having been Christmas has EVERYTHING to do with my post, seeing as that was the entire motivation for my observation. And regardless, your description of it being "the exact same thing" without giving any specifics would be, by default, referencing Christmas. So THAT is how he is relating that to what you said. That was the whole purpose of this subject.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
He posted that on December 26th. Christmas is merely a one-day affair out here, since we travel by car and not wagon train.
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Thank you. I'm glad someone sane is reading.
That makes two of us!

Old 12-27-2009, 03:39 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post

How is what I did in any way, shape or form the "exact" same thing as what I called him on? I thought it was pathetic that he couldn't contain his hatred for one day, EVEN ON CHRISTMAS. My Christmas was spent being positive and enjoying myself with family, not trying to stir the pot in an online forum and insult people. I was unfortunate enough to come across that nonsense earlier today, and I responded to it.

My post wasn't designed to bash Chicago in any way; I just pointed out how ridiculously hateful he was being. Well that, and I expressed my amusement with his bizarre obsession. So how in the world did you conclude that I was doing "the exact same thing?"

You employ a very, very odd version of logic.
Thanks for talking about my intellect whereas you did not even understand what I said.

I guess that you too did not read my post because I in no way mentioned Christmas. It doesn't matter what you were talking about because I did not respond to the Christmas part.

Quote:
Trolling more and continuing to throw your impotent little jabs at the Bay Area?
Then

Quote:
I guess Christmas in Chi-Town ain't the most fun, eh? Lol...What do you have planned after this? A little roadside cow tipping in Iowa? Stealing your neighbor's decorations maybe?
And now in this post

Quote:
Wow, you sure know how to practice what you preach.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks for talking about my intellect whereas you did not even understand what I said.
The intellect comment was intended to let you know that you are appearing to have as much understanding of what is going on as the other poster you were rescuing there. I was lumping only the two of you, both as Chicago posters, together. I was not attempting to slight all Chicagoans, but I was identifying you two posters as Chicagoans who were unable to grasp what was being presented on this thread.

Btw, I understood what you "said." What I didn't understand was how you concluded what you came up with. Your inability to separate my motivation, along with what I had said in my post, from all the negativity I was responding to, (as well as the timing in which each was issued) does not cause me to respect your commentary. It is you who failed to understand what I was saying. Hence my "intellect" comment.

Quote:
I guess that you too did not read my post because I in no way mentioned Christmas. It doesn't matter what you were talking about because I did not respond to the Christmas part.

How in the WORLD does in not matter what I was talking about if it was MY post that you were responding to??

I get your actual point, but you are struggling terribly with articulating it. I understand that you are taking issue with me responding rudely in ONE SINGLE post to someone who has been TROLLING THESE FORUMS FOR WEEKS and continued to do so on Christmas. But I was hardly doing "the exact same thing" as you claimed I was when it was no longer Christmas. There is a major difference because I was speaking on the fact that he was doing what he did ON CHRISTMAS. If he had posted that today then I would have not responded to any of those three idiotic posts of his. So the fact that he did it on Christmas and that I did not has EVERYTHING to do with why we did not both do the "exact same thing." Get where I'm coming from now?

Quote:
Wow, you sure know how to practice what you preach.
Again, I am not the one trolling forums here. That was directed at him and included sarcasm. I'm sorry if that was over your head, but I was not trying to take a swipe at Chicago with what I was saying there. I was referring to how much more fun he claims his hometown is than anything we have out here in the Bay (stuff he's stated in other threads), and drawing attention to the fact that he makes his claims seem bogus through his actions. If you personally took offense to that little comment then you are way too touchy about Chicago. Or you are not aware of this poster's history and did not understand what was going on - and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that.

But regardless, I wasn't "preaching" peace between us. I was responding to THREE hateful posts that were left on a day that I wouldn't expect anyone to have that mindset, with nothing better to do. And I was not attempting to be polite in doing so. So I was in no way doing what he was doing, nor was I not practicing what I was preaching. A less than polite response was warranted given what he was throwing at us. Would you have been polite if you were responding to a CA resident who had an unhealthy fixation on bashing Chicago? Obviously not, seeing as you were hardly being polite to me, and I'm not even anti-Chicago. (Though I gotta say a few of you are forcing me to gradually become that way. Hopefully more level-headed Chicagoans appear again b/c I do not want to hate your city.)

This dude is the Chicago equivalent of the Bay Area's Dementor. If you don't know who that is then read some old City vs. City threads regarding Chicago.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:46 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times
Quote:
The intellect comment was intended to let you know that you are appearing to have as much understanding of what is going on as the other poster you were rescuing there. I was lumping only the two of you, both as Chicago posters, together. I was not attempting to slight all Chicagoans, but I was identifying you two posters as Chicagoans who were unable to grasp what was being presented on this thread.

Btw, I understood what you "said." What I didn't understand was how you concluded what you came up with. Your inability to separate my motivation, along with what I had said in my post, from all the negativity I was responding to, (as well as the timing in which each was issued) does not cause me to respect your commentary. It is you who failed to understand what I was saying. Hence my "intellect" comment.

What you said and what you meant are two different things.

Quote:
How in the WORLD does in not matter what I was talking about if it was MY post that you were responding to??

I get your actual point, but you are struggling terribly with articulating it. I understand that you are taking issue with me responding rudely in ONE SINGLE post to someone who has been TROLLING THESE FORUMS FOR WEEKS and continued to do so on Christmas. But I was hardly doing "the exact same thing" as you claimed I was when it was no longer Christmas. There is a major difference because I was speaking on the fact that he was doing what he did ON CHRISTMAS. If he had posted that today then I would have not responded to any of those three idiotic posts of his. So the fact that he did it on Christmas and that I did not has EVERYTHING to do with why we did not both do the "exact same thing." Get where I'm coming from now?
Because it doesn't matter what day of the year it was. That doesn't determine the content of one's post.

Quote:
Again, I am not the one trolling forums here. That was directed at him and included sarcasm. I'm sorry if that was over your head, but I was not trying to take a swipe at Chicago with what I was saying there. I was referring to how much more fun he claims his hometown is than anything we have out here in the Bay (stuff he's stated in other threads), and drawing attention to the fact that he makes his claims seem bogus through his actions. If you personally took offense to that little comment then you are way too touchy about Chicago. Or you are not aware of this poster's history and did not understand what was going on - and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that.
I never said you were and I never said anything about what he is doing.

Quote:
But regardless, I wasn't "preaching" peace between us. I was responding to THREE hateful posts that were left on a day that I wouldn't expect anyone to have that mindset, with nothing better to do. And I was not attempting to be polite in doing so. So I was in no way doing what he was doing, nor was I not practicing what I was preaching. A less than polite response was warranted given what he was throwing at us. Would you have been polite if you were responding to a CA resident who had an unhealthy fixation on bashing Chicago? Obviously not, seeing as you were hardly being polite to me, and I'm not even anti-Chicago. (Though I gotta say a few of you are forcing me to gradually become that way. Hopefully more level-headed Chicagoans appear again b/c I do not want to hate your city.)

This dude is the Chicago equivalent of the Bay Area's Dementor. If you don't know who that is then read some old City vs. City threads regarding Chicago.
While he is bad, he is not at the level of Dementor.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:16 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
Lol at midwesterners getting big n bad against californians ... Gimme a break in real world no one cares wut goes on in those flyover states so keep your wack cubs that never win and stay angry at the coasts
LOL x 1000

People on the coasts are hilarious, talk about parochial. Nobody cares about flyover country? You mean besides the majority of Americans who choose to live there, right? FYI, the Midwest and the South (aka flyover country) both have higher populations than the West or the Northeast.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:19 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,926,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
Yeah because everyone wants to live in NY or CA. Thats why they have a net population loss. Ha!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City