Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 05:07 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
A little arrogant about our state, aren't we?

It's all a matter of opinion.
With all due respect, read through your 7,490 posts, and then tell me objectively who is more arrogant about the area they live in ... you, or I.

NJ won those 3 threads. So, yes, it is all a matter of opinion, but NJ won by landslides, and there are not just NJ and NY people on this forum.

What I, and my NJ compadres are trying to prove, is that the boroughs aren't automatically more significant, "hip", or more convenient just because they are "a part of NYC". It's a childish view, really.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Your "facts" are often lists that someone made up or someone's opinions. For instance saying things like the Newark Museum is world famous, when even I rarely hear of it, just 50 miles away, seems a little over the top to me. The museum does however look interesting, as does the equally not very well known Brooklyn Museum.

Which brings it right back to the subject at hand which is entirely opinion.
I will say for myself that New York City as a whole (all 5 boroughs) PROBABLY beats the whole state of New Jersey. This is not attack on New Jersey but that NYC is one of the top cities in the world.

Now the 4 outer boroughs by themselves, I am somewhat skeptical of and I lean toward New Jersey. They have alot more culture than people are giving them credit for --- but so does New Jersey. The thing is people seem to believe that small cities, suburbs and towns do not have any culture, when I know personally this is not the case. Especially in dense suburbs like we have in the Tri State area.
Well, the list that I personally posted consisted of mostly, if not all, facts....not opinions. Either way, it was more than the borough-supporters could come up with ... they keep repeating "Yankees, and hip hop" over and over again.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian of The Gulf View Post
It's not that Long Island is that much worse than NJ at all. It's just that you can have everything you have in Long Island in NJ while being closer to Manhattan, not having to deal with insane traffic on the LIE, and with housing overall being less overpriced (allthough the housing part is debatable).
That is PRECISELY why NJ is so great. Nail on the head.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
There are plenty zoo list where the bronx is on it. Thats just one list.
How can you compare a simple park to a place with exhibits and environments etc lol

Best Zoos and Aquariums From America's Best and Top Ten

lol good one kony
A 'simple' park. Lol...a 'simple' zoo.

You're comparing a zoo with a public space that hosts US Open?

How does a zoo that makes #5 on 'a' list automatically make it better than a state park?

That particular state park is the only one with views of the beloved Manhattan.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:18 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
who learned english from listening to wu tang.

you were saying..??
You posted youtube videos as I expected you would.

Quote:
And do you have any links showing us how kids in Kosovo are calling each other gods and all that, as if it mattered?

And don't just give me a link to a youtube of one kid in Kosovo.
Show me where kids in Kosovo are calling each other god and so on.

That is what I was saying.

Last edited by Mike1306; 01-04-2010 at 05:32 PM..

Old 01-04-2010, 05:20 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol you can find offensive smells anywhere in this city. Manhattan,bk etc. Aswell as any other city

There is no place in nyc including Hunts point that carries an open air stench. You dont go through highways in new york or the streets of the bronx and say "damn what the heck is that,a skunk?" Its that bad
You kidding? Yes there is, my goodness yes there is.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Don't you think the 3.5 million people on Long Island (that includes Queens and Brooklyn) would be living in NJ if it was that much better? It's all what people prefer.
How the hell does that relate to anything I just said?.

Why are you bringing LI into this? You lost that comparison in another thread.

4 million people live in NNJ alone, and the rest of the nearly 5 million people live in South and Central Jersey.
Why would NJ even want another 3.5 million people? especially considering it's already the most densely populated state.

You make no sense

Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,931,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
How the hell does that relate to anything I just said?.

Why are you bringing LI into this? You lost that comparison in another thread.

4 million people live in NNJ alone, and the rest of the nearly 5 million people live in South and Central Jersey.
Why would NJ even want another 3.5 million people? especially considering it's already the most densely populated state.

You make no sense

No, I was just making a point and using the island as an example. Trust me, there are MANY people on LI who don't like NJ; that includes Queens and Brooklyn. I'm just saying that it's extremely arrogant to say that everyone wants to live in NJ.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:30 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
a question was asked and i answered it.
this is why ppl right now are leaving. as a nyer, i know this first hand. my neighborhood has completely changed.

another vid:
they speak just like us. how? they are waaaay over there. influenced by nyc.

oh ok.
Just more videos I see.

Many European nations have high English speaking populations.
How did NYC influence that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City