Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NJ Vs. OH
NJ 125 60.39%
OH 82 39.61%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:18 PM

545 posts, read 1,100,275 times

Advertisements

EASILY NJ. you know why? Because ohio is such a big state... if you made NJ's borders as large as ohios, it would include NYC, Philly and Lower CT. All of these amazing places are close by. ohio is so large that if you live in cincinatti, you have very little connection with cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 01:36 PM

46 posts, read 53,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If worrying about whether people are mean or not is one's biggest concern in life, then one is too small-minded to live in Jersey anyway.

My brother has the T-shirt that says "Welcome to New Jersey, where the weak are killed and eaten."
I have to agree, and Ill tell you why.
I live in NJ, have been for 50 yrs. I have also been to Ohio many times (Columbus). When I first moved here from NYC, I could not believe and was taken aback by some of the rudest bus drivers here. Id take the bus to college, and somehow the driver was always a wiseguy. And just rude! Never a smile. Anyhow, NJ is densely populated, the most in the whole US. TRAFFIC EVERYWHERE YOU GO, especially rush hour.
Ive had 2 really bad neighbors in the 2 homes Ive lived in. I mean, terrible. And they were both nice towns.
The good thing about NJ are its parks and woods. Pretty country scenery and the beaches. But then those are getting very polluted and water is dirty.
Columbus Ohio is less densely populated, has less traffic and crowds, is more spread out, and the people are nice. Ive not met a person I didnt like, yet anyway, after about 10 visits so far.
Thats why Im moving out there to be with my kids. Did I say its also much more affordable than NJ??

Old 06-08-2019, 03:02 PM

4,524 posts, read 5,096,608 times
Wow a 9 year-old thread that gets revived 4.5 years after its last post...

Though I'm from Cleveland, I voted for New Jersey. I did so because NJ is more urbanized, better statewide mass transit and, most importantly, is much more liberal/progressive while Ohio clings to backward Republican Trump-ite politics, which absurd for a northern industrialized state.

I say all this still strongly believing Cleveland is a great city/metropolitan area and dwarfs any Jersey city in terms of culture, services and quality of life. Oftentimes I wish Greater Cleveland could secede from backwards Ohio.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:13 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,440,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Wow a 9 year-old thread that gets revived 4.5 years after its last post...

Though I'm from Cleveland, I voted for New Jersey. I did so because NJ is more urbanized, better statewide mass transit and, most importantly, is much more liberal/progressive while Ohio clings to backward Republican Trump-ite politics, which absurd for a northern industrialized state.

I say all this still strongly believing Cleveland is a great city/metropolitan area and dwarfs any Jersey city in terms of culture, services and quality of life. Oftentimes I wish Greater Cleveland could secede from backwards Ohio.
One thing I disagree with you on, is that not all of Ohio functions the same way politically like NJ, NY or Texas. northern Ohio is more liberal and Democrat while the southern part of Ohio is more conservative and "clings to the backward Republican Trump-ite politics." In 2016, the counties in Cincy and Dayton went for Trump in droves while Cleveland and I think the Columbus areas went strong for Hilary.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:31 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
Ohio has the better economy atthe moment. Jersey is falling fast, but is overall a better state currently.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:37 PM

33 posts, read 34,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
Lake Eerie is nice,has it's beautiful areas and to the naked eye is ocean huge,but I just don't feel at all like I do sitting on a beach looking at the ocean as I do looking at Lake Eerie.
There was the time when fog rolled ito old Cleveland Municipal Stadium causing a long delay. Dennis “Oil Can” Boyd stated “what do you expect when you build a stadium right on the ocean.”

Old 06-08-2019, 05:24 PM

2,041 posts, read 1,521,218 times
Ohio kind of has some southern tendencies, and the midwest, great lakes vibe isn't my favorite. New Jersey has good variety in North and South Jersey and has 150 miles of coastline. Atlantic City is a Las Vegas-Santa Monica hybrid.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:44 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,511,989 times
Ohio easily for me.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:41 PM

4,524 posts, read 5,096,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
One thing I disagree with you on, is that not all of Ohio functions the same way politically like NJ, NY or Texas. northern Ohio is more liberal and Democrat while the southern part of Ohio is more conservative and "clings to the backward Republican Trump-ite politics." In 2016, the counties in Cincy and Dayton went for Trump in droves while Cleveland and I think the Columbus areas went strong for Hilary.
True, that's why I said I wish Greater Cleveland, and indeed most of NEO, would secede from the rest of the State, esp downstate, which is most backwards imho.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:52 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,403,124 times
I'm extremely surprised NJ is winning this. NJ has worse property/overall taxes than even Illinois. Let that sink in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City