Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: City with most aggressive drivers?
Detroit 1 0.48%
Washington DC 13 6.25%
San Jose 2 0.96%
Boston 26 12.50%
Charlotte 1 0.48%
Phoenix 2 0.96%
Newyork 48 23.08%
Sacramento 1 0.48%
Seattle 3 1.44%
Cleveland 1 0.48%
Minneapolis 2 0.96%
St. Louis 2 0.96%
Dallas 4 1.92%
Los Angeles 19 9.13%
Portland 0 0%
San Diego 1 0.48%
Tampa 0 0%
Atlanta 21 10.10%
Chicago 14 6.73%
Cincinnati 0 0%
Houston 8 3.85%
Miami 28 13.46%
Philadelphia 8 3.85%
Denver 3 1.44%
Pittsburgh 0 0%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,627 times

Advertisements

Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM

148 posts, read 238,753 times
Default another thing

Forgive me for my stupid long post above... I just thought itd be rather important to note I formulated my opinion about ****cago drivers based upon the fact I started driving when my uncle let my unskilled teenage self loose in his taxi in manila back in 1995. i was maybe 14 or 15? I thought it was awesome driving a manual around organized chaos that is is filipino driving. They absolutely drive crazy, theres literally way too many cars registered and not enough roads to drive them on... anyhow as for here in chicago, i love this place but the drivers here all think they got to out hustle the next guy only to play hurry up and wait. The texting and driving and distracted driving is of particular annoyance. I swear you have a better chance of getting hit by somebody texting behind the wheel than drinking and driving... seen taxis bus drivers, truck drivers all TEXTING. makes me soo mad i want to throw something at them everytime i see it!!!

heres my breakdown based upon observation:

Corrupt cops driving the way they want - sets bad example.
High percent of foreign born population and subsequent generations... - bad habits get passed down.
Many young minorities behind the wheel of modifed imports tearing up the streets driving anyway they please.

The other half are cruising in suvs with huge rims and their whole crew riding deep blasting their system - stop traffic to double park next to someone and be ignorant to blocking traffic - nobody steps to them cuz everyone knows better than to tell some gangbangers what to do...seen brawls break out in the middle of the street over something dumb like this....

Add in snow to make it so these clowns cant stop, cuz everyones used to rippin around at least min 10-15 over avg everywhere... it makes already sucky drivers downright dangerous.

Theres a reason why the cheeseheads call us FISHs or FIBs - just ask anyone from the cheesehead state an opinion on how chicago drivers drive.

Many older drivers out there too mixed with freshly immigrated from asia. Does not mix well with the resident hot rod pedal to the metal me first attitude here.

Ive replaced my daily driver car once already back in 2007 when i got rear ended and totaled my eclipse. shame, it was a really nice car, the last manual car ive owned, the girls loved it.
Its replacement, a more reliable acura, ive been involved in no less than 2 claims where other people hit my car, once on a highway merge someone on a cell phone, and then a young teen hit n run, i chased him halfway across dupage before the cops stopped him.

More than once have i uttered the words WTF... in my opinion i also think the local frustration of the snail pace of economic recovery and day to day life struggle may have an influence on ppl here and how they drive. ALot of aggression and road rage here and ppl doin ffd up stuff.

Another crazy fact: most of my friends when they ride in their cars while out w their respective car clubs, they keep a weapon just in case. crazy, i know. They dont go lookin for trouble but they never know whats going to happen either....

Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
Someone was trying to cut me off in traffic on the 1-94 north before downtown chicago and as we both kept moving up trying to get the spot he freaken pulled out a gun and showed it to me what the heck i immediately let him in. If your driving on any highway in chicago for about 30 min. i guarantee you you will see a crazy idiot cutting off people, weaving and doing other crazy stuff about 4 or 5 times for those 30 min. mostly downtown, north or south side.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Someone was trying to cut me off in traffic on the 1-94 north before downtown chicago and as we both kept moving up trying to get the spot he freaken pulled out a gun and showed it to me what the heck i immediately let him in. If your driving on any highway in chicago for about 30 min. i guarantee you you will see a crazy idiot cutting off people, weaving and doing other crazy stuff about 4 or 5 times for those 30 min. mostly downtown, north or south side.
Lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XG6zKQPlP8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City