Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Nah i'm not from Miami, from NY. Been living here 3 months and i got mad love for Miami..But yeah as u said...OLD SCHOOL...New school Atlanta is on a whole different memo..Atlanta and Dallas both get laughed at for their dumb dances..C'mon now though...Crank that Aquaman?...Do the wet?..Crank that Birdwalk?...Do the Ricky Bobby?..SMH...Those dances lasted maybe a good half-a-summer, and never seen again.

And kdogg It's all for the love of $$$.
Error! Most of Atlanta hiphop music is not even snap music ) since when have luda, TI, Young Jezzy, Outkast and etc made a snap dance song? even most rappers that I don't like, like D4L most of their music is not about dancing. After Souljaboy and Unk your not going to get that many dance records. ) And the reason why it's played out because people bite them. LMAO

Here's a list of Atlanta rappers, how many ATL rappers actually make snap dance songs? I think people assume when they hear a dance song it’s from the south! and if it’s from the south they assume it from Atlanta!

List of hip hop musicians from Atlanta, Georgia - Wikipedia, the
New school or old School.

Last edited by chiatldal; 03-26-2010 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 AM

910 posts, read 1,083,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Error! Most of Atlanta hiphop music is not even snap music ) since when have luda, TI, Young Jezzy, Outkast and etc made a snap dance song? even most rappers that I don't like, like D4L most of their music is not about dancing. After Souljaboy and Unk your not going to get that many dance records. ) And the reason why it's played out because people bite them. LMAO

Here's a list of Atlanta rappers, how many ATL rappers actually make snap dance songs? I think people assume when they hear a dance song it’s from the south! and if it’s from the south they assume it from Atlanta!

I'm not really about to read a Wiki link of Atlanta rappers, i know the majority of them. LOL. Luda just came with a song called "Get Low". Big dance record right now. But it kinda calmed down as of late with the dance records, now It's all Waka Flocka or Gucci Mane. But when i said new school i meant 2001-present Atlanta came with good amount of dance records in that time-frame. Never said that most of Atlanta music was snap music, but just dance music that bumps in the clubs in general whether it be snap, or whatever dance ya do down there now. Not every dance song is a "snap" song.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:30 AM

725 posts, read 1,510,151 times
Atlanta does have a lot of dance music and has always leaned towards club songs. And it's been that way for as long as I know. I still remember the days of freak-nasty and the bankhead bounce. Most of the dances, wheter from Atlanta or Dallas, are pretty cheesy, but it's fun when you do it. And everyone does it when they are intoxicaded.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:49 AM

725 posts, read 1,510,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
This black generation lacks soul and talent. I can't distinguish Lady Ga Ga a pop singer from Beyonce just sad. Who would have ever thought the neo soul movement was the last true soulful movement. We need to get back to the roots and bring real soul back.
I don't think that's it. If I can get deeper... it seems like there is more a sense in the black music as well as the overall community to intergrate the black culture with other cultures... which is why I think everyone is subconsciously tryna pick up that rockstar look.

I feel a sense of comfort between the cultures a lot more now where white people are encouraged to join in hip-hop fads without looking like perpertraters, can make black jokes and not be looked at as bigots, and the culture is more inclusive. That's why the music seems bland. It's not meant for just black people.

As opposed to the 90's where it seemed like everyone had a chip on their shoulder and the music was a little more personal. And there seems to be a lot more talk of injustice which I don't think is a big of a concern now.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:29 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Your from Miami and that funny because you say Atlanta is trashington when Atlanta is, as far as hiphop go associate with Miami not Dallas. On Luke scarred the censored vision he shouted out what? Bankhead bounce! Because Atlanta contribute to the bass music movement. Bass music started in Miami but it’s the original hiphop sound of the southeast. Which is why I posted old school Atlanta videos.

YouTube - Luke featuring Trick Daddy - Scarred

Dis N Dat are from Atlanta and the 69 boyz from Miami

YouTube - Dis N Dat video featuring ( The Lumber Yard Bruhz)

So So Def bass all stars, lil john is in the video I think he's produce the tract?

YouTube - Inoj - Love You Down (Promo) (HQ)
Remember, Miami put the South on the MAP as far as Hip-Hop goes. Before Uncle Luke and 2Live Crew there were no notable Hip-Hop groups from the Southern US.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:35 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Knuck If You Buck was my favorite. It was basically a call to arms.lol

Old 03-27-2010, 11:43 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
I'm not really about to read a Wiki link of Atlanta rappers, i know the majority of them. LOL. Luda just came with a song called "Get Low". Big dance record right now. But it kinda calmed down as of late with the dance records, now It's all Waka Flocka or Gucci Mane. But when i said new school i meant 2001-present Atlanta came with good amount of dance records in that time-frame. Never said that most of Atlanta music was snap music, but just dance music that bumps in the clubs in general whether it be snap, or whatever dance ya do down there now. Not every dance song is a "snap" song.
You just inserted what I just said about Miami then, most of Miami hiphop is club oriented in your sense that Atlanta is, And that’s a straw because their generally more rappers coming out of Atlanta their a great amount of everything! Quote “Crank that Aquaman?...Do the wet?..Crank that Birdwalk?...Do the Ricky Bobby” that's call Snap music that’s a part of that movement, which I already said it has never been at any point of time the majority of ATL music. And the ludacris song is call “how low” that's not a specific type of New dance. But however that just as much of a dance song as ‘get low” by Flo-rida or “Shake” by Ying Yang and pitbull. That's actual closer to Miami bass music, like Luke “scarred” which goes back to my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Remember, Miami put the South on the MAP as far as Hip-Hop goes. Before Uncle Luke and 2Live Crew there were no notable Hip-Hop groups from the Southern US.
Well that can be debate with Houston and their Getto Boys over who put the south on the map, I said Miami started bass music which became popular in the southeast! Just like Houston started screw music which became popular all through out Texas and to some degree the mid south during the 90s.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,098,986 times
Quote:
This black generation lacks soul and talent. I can't distinguish Lady Ga Ga a pop singer from Beyonce just sad. Who would have ever thought the neo soul movement was the last true soulful movement. We need to get back to the roots and bring real soul back.
to the main question.....Atlanta. Dallas is only recently hitting the mainstream with their dance songs, ATL has been putting it down for MUCH MUCH LONGER, plus they just sound better to me in general.

As for the above quote, dont judge this entire generation based off mainstream music.

There are plenty of nice Hip-Hop/R&B/Neo-Soul artists underground. Even from places like Atlanta that are trashed for "killing hip hop"

The talent is there......just not pushed to the mainstream forefront...it makes you wonder about the agenda of people at the top of the industry.

nice R&B track

YouTube - NAYO - AFRICAN GIRL

Little Brother from NC

YouTube - Little Brother - Whatever You Say (Remix)

Stat Quo from ATL

YouTube - We Get Higher - Stat Quo MUSIC VIDEO

Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,838,653 times
Quote:

Half them ATL artist just claim Atlanta and that list is not accurate. Chingy is from St. Louis Usher was actually born in Dallas, Texas but he does claim ATL like so many other artist from there. Even though I am southerner I am sick of the southern hip hop but East Coast and West Coast isn't much better (I think it’s worse). I wouldn’t point the blame at the south for killing hip-hop but I am not going to defended it either. Hip hop is just so screwed up today just my opinion. As long as mainstream keeps buying and supporting bad music it will continue.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,661 times
Quote:
What are the various differences between style and similarities?

Please post more videos

Dallas

Party Boyz Flex

YouTube - PARTY BOYZ - FLEX OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

Dallas Boogie

YouTube - DALLAS BOOGIE WIT FAT AL

Stanky leg

YouTube - Do The Stanky Leg Offcial Video Hd

Booty Dew

YouTube - GS BOYZ OFFICIAL BOOTY DEW VIDEO

Atlanta

Snap Yo Fingers

YouTube - Snap Yo Fingers, Lil Jon-Sean Paul

One two step

YouTube - Ciara - 1, 2 Step ft. Missy Elliott

Lean wit shoulder lean

YouTube - LEAN WIT IT SHOULDER LEAN

You left out some with Atl

DJ UNK and SOuljah boy dance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City