Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 PM

168 posts, read 365,023 times

Advertisements

Federal prosecutors charge Auditor Frank Russo in 21-count information

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Federal prosecutors charged County Auditor Frank Russo in a 21-count information filed this morning in U.S. District Court in Cleveland. Russo, 60, of Bratenahl, resigned early today. He is expected to plead guilty to bribery and obstruction charges, according to sources, based on an agreement that would resolve all issues related to both the longtime Democratic politician and his son, Vince.
Although the plea agreement has not been made public, it will include a substantial sentence for Russo that could have been cut in half had he agreed to cooperate with the government against others, according to a source familiar with the deal.
The deal will likely call for Russo to spend 20 or more years in prison, according to sources. That very well could mean Russo will spend the rest of his life behind bars for his refusal to turn on others.

Federal prosecutors charge Auditor Frank Russo in 21-count information | cleveland.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,026 times
He gets some "street cred" for not snitching. His family will definitely be "taken care of".

Old 09-09-2010, 08:23 PM

458 posts, read 1,222,927 times
Finally, they take a big man down. How much longer until Jimmy Dimora gets charged?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 PM

102 posts, read 198,744 times
Frank Russo is a flaming homosexual. He left his wife and kids. He is a scumbag. Not saying his is a scumbag for being gay, but for ditching his wife and kids like that.

I saw him at the Feast and he was with some dudes that were like, overly drunk and flamboyant and stuff. Not the type of behavior you'd expect out of a Mr. Russo.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:30 PM

74 posts, read 223,721 times
I couldn't care less if he was gay or not... but what I do care about are his federal charges. I knew for a long time that this was coming and I feel that despite the fact that he won't testify against his homeboy, Jimmy D... Jimmy D will indeed go down. Russo denied everything until the end, just like the fat man is.

It's about damn time. I'm not going to sit here and blame Cleveland's problems on corruption. We all know ultimately that Cleveland's problems are because of the decline in steel and heavy industry in the area. But I will blame the fact that Cleveland has struggled to grow and adapt in part because of red tape and corruption. When you have folks in office that are more inclined to line their own pockets, rather that see the county prosper... I mean this isn't rocket science.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmesh View Post
But I will blame the fact that Cleveland has struggled to grow and adapt in part because of red tape and corruption. When you have folks in office that are more inclined to line their own pockets, rather that see the county prosper... I mean this isn't rocket science.
Now that Russo is out and big fat Jimmy D. will soon follow, hopefully the voters will not vote in a new round of corrupt politican so we can speed up some of the progress in the city.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:11 PM

338 posts, read 559,462 times
Post Cuyahoga County?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmesh View Post

It's about damn time. I'm not going to sit here and blame Cleveland's problems on corruption. We all know ultimately that Cleveland's problems are because of the decline in steel and heavy industry in the area. But I will blame the fact that Cleveland has struggled to grow and adapt in part because of red tape and corruption. When you have folks in office that are more inclined to line their own pockets, rather that see the county prosper... I mean this isn't rocket science.
You mean Cuyahoga County?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 AM

Big Fat Jimmy goes down too. He was arrested this morning from his home.

County Commissioner Jimmy Dimora is arrested | cleveland.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland