Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 26,746 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Cleveland in June. My husband will be working in Mayfield hts area. We 2.5 young children and wondered where is a nice place to live. We like being close to the lake with lots of activities to do. What are your thoughts on concord twp? Many new homes being built and close to I-90.

Is Willoughby/Willoughby Hills a safe place with good schools to live?

Visited Chagrin Falls/Bainbridge seems nice but very rural? Thoughts.

Solon seemed very nice too but high taxes? Thoughts

What are your thoughts on Chardon/Chesterland/Munson areas??

Thanks! We prefer a house in a neighborhood with lots of kids. on at least .5 acres.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 01:30 PM

458 posts, read 1,223,008 times
Wiiloughby/Willoughby Hills - Not enough info to give an educated opinion.

Chagrin Falls/Bainbridge - Two wealthy suburbs of Cleveland. Chagrin Falls is a nice small town that really isn't that rural. It has a New England town type feel to it. Bainbridge is pretty rural but is close enough to get where you want to go. You can get a .5 acre lot in Bainbridge no problem, Chagrin Falls may be a little tougher. Both Chagrin Falls and Kenston School are excellent. I am an alum of Kenston myself.

Solon - Nice area, and also wealthy. Not sure on the taxes, but the schools are also very good. .5 acre lot is possible, but you're going to pay for it.

Chesterland - A lot like Bainbridge, not much difference. West Geauga Schools are just as good as Kenston's too.

Chardon- County seat of Geauga, pretty rural outside of the city center.

Munson - More rural than any others. If you have concerns about Bainbridge being too rural, then don't bother with Munson.

All of these cities/towns are within reasonable driving distance to Mayfield Heights.

Welcome to the forum

Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Thank you for the info. We are looking up to the 500,000 price range. What are your thoughts on Concord TWP. Many big newer beautiful homes seems in between mentor and chardon..Lower taxes in Concord so looking at private schools. Any thoughts-Thanks!

Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
You have 2.5 children?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:44 PM

458 posts, read 1,223,008 times
I personally do not know enough about Concord to give a good opinion either, but Bainbridege and Chester Township are also unincoporated so they have lower taxes as well. Something to look at.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee to the Cleve View Post
Wiiloughby/Willoughby Hills - Not enough info to give an educated opinion.

Chagrin Falls/Bainbridge - Two wealthy suburbs of Cleveland. Chagrin Falls is a nice small town that really isn't that rural. It has a New England town type feel to it. Bainbridge is pretty rural but is close enough to get where you want to go. You can get a .5 acre lot in Bainbridge no problem, Chagrin Falls may be a little tougher. Both Chagrin Falls and Kenston School are excellent. I am an alum of Kenston myself.

Solon - Nice area, and also wealthy. Not sure on the taxes, but the schools are also very good. .5 acre lot is possible, but you're going to pay for it.

Chesterland - A lot like Bainbridge, not much difference. West Geauga Schools are just as good as Kenston's too.

Chardon- County seat of Geauga, pretty rural outside of the city center.

Munson - More rural than any others. If you have concerns about Bainbridge being too rural, then don't bother with Munson.

All of these cities/towns are within reasonable driving distance to Mayfield Heights.

Welcome to the forum
Solon would be a good area...The school system there is also exceptional....the taxes are medium to high, but overall not that bad....

Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM

2 kids and 1 on the way..

Old 01-10-2011, 07:15 PM

74 posts, read 223,750 times
I've never heard anything bad about Concord... maybe look into Madison, as well? I'm not too familiar with that area, other than playing golf out that way a few times. I know some people that live around there, though, and they seem to like it.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
I'd also recommend checking out Mayfield Village and Highland Heights, both safe and very near where you'll be working, and part of the Mayfield School District, which is good.

Also take a look at Orange Village and Pepper Pike. Safe, very good schools (Orange City School District), and a short commute to Mayfield Heights.

Willoughby and Willoughby Hills are nice, but I'm not sure either are what you're looking for. Also, while the school district in that area is good, it's not as good as some of the other areas you listed.

There are really a lot of good options on the eastside, and with $500,000 to spend, you've got a lot of room to work with.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,900,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlk View Post
Thank you for the info. We are looking up to the 500,000 price range. What are your thoughts on Concord TWP. Many big newer beautiful homes seems in between mentor and chardon..Lower taxes in Concord so looking at private schools. Any thoughts-Thanks!
500,000 is going to get you a pretty nice house in the Cleveland area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland