Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .....
Yes 33 75.00%
Not quite, maybe in time 5 11.36%
No, never 6 13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,391,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
In Cleveland love is blind, so there you love the one you're with.
Probably could say the same thing about cheater Pete Rose and Cinci fans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 08:03 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Probably could say the same thing about cheater Pete Rose and Cinci fans
Let's be honest here. Cleveland is the woman with a black eye that never presses charges and always takes her abusive husband back.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:06 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Let's be honest here. Cleveland is the woman with a black eye that never presses charges and always takes her abusive husband back.
No, Cleveland is the city that hasn't won a sports championship since 1964 and had a native son abandon it on national tv, after we all loved him from the time he was like 11 years old, then he decided he was wrong and came back.

These silly abused spouse metaphors are completely idiotic. If there is any metaphor, it's the prodigal son.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:12 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
No, Cleveland is the city that hasn't won a sports championship since 1964 and had a native son abandon it on national tv, after we all loved him from the time he was like 11 years old, then he decided he was wrong and came back.

These silly abused spouse metaphors are completely idiotic. If there is any metaphor, it's the prodigal son.
And that son back stabbed Cleveland. He does not get a free pass the way I see it. You don't get to burn your jerseys and rush out to buy a new one. He's been in the league 11 years. The Heat have 2 rings that belong to Cleveland. Cleveland has zero. Let that set in.

The real sports hero of Cleveland is Jim Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownballr27 View Post
The haters are just jealous because lebron didn't sign with their **** town...
Wrong. I've probably spent more money on Cavs tickets than anyone posting in this thread.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
I had a lot of animosity toward Lebron with the way he handled the circus that was "The Decision." I think we should all be careful about worshipping the guy, and calling him "The King." Was the SI letter while well written, and heart felt, sincere? Who knows. The NBA like all sports is a business... Art Modell taught us that. At any rate, the city is happy, so I'm happy, because the positive momentum keeps building, as this town surges once again toward a comeback. In short fellow northeastern Ohioans, he's back for now, so sit back and enjoy the ride.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:17 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post

James should only have done the national TV nonsense if he were staying in Cleveland. He blew the 2010 championship series for the simple reason of being able to say ''I can't win in Cleveland so I have to take my talent to South Beach''. As we all know, the Miami deal was done way before the 2010 championship series.

So now he's back, what can we do other than hope he can bring CLE a championship, which I think he will.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,124,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
James should only have done the national TV nonsense if he were staying in Cleveland. He blew the 2010 championship series for the simple reason of being able to say ''I can't win in Cleveland so I have to take my talent to South Beach''. As we all know, the Miami deal was done way before the 2010 championship series.

So now he's back, what can we do other than hope he can bring CLE a championship, which I think he will.
You really think he would blow the series just so he would have an excuse to leave Cleveland? Wow that's some delusionally low civic self-esteem. He's an NBA player, of course his goal is always to win a championship. He left Cleveland because he actually believed he couldn't win one here, not because he secretly wanted to move to Miami and blew it so he'd have an excuse.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:11 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
He seems like the typical Ohioan who was in love with the idea of going to Florida... only to realize Florida is an awful place to live.... especially after accomplishing the goal he set out to do. So now he's coming back to Ohio again, just like most Ohioans do.

But if I were a Cavs fan or a Clevelander, I wouldn't exactly be rolling out the red carpet, nor would I be expecting long-term loyalty. He has already shown he doesn't have any.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:04 PM

338 posts, read 559,733 times
Whether this fellow is here or not, it has little to no impact on the lives of most ordinary Clevelanders. I couldnt care less.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
He seems like the typical Ohioan who was in love with the idea of going to Florida... only to realize Florida is an awful place to live.... especially after accomplishing the goal he set out to do. So now he's coming back to Ohio again, just like most Ohioans do.

But if I were a Cavs fan or a Clevelander, I wouldn't exactly be rolling out the red carpet, nor would I be expecting long-term loyalty. He has already shown he doesn't have any.
I seriously don't understand why anybody (not just Ohioans, but the population of the world at large) actually voluntarily places themselves in Florida. It just boggles my mind.

Welcome back to Lebron though. I hope it inspires people to come back home. I know it sounds lame, but since he announced he's coming back, I've been feeling very sentimental about my hometown and wishing I could do the same. Some day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland