Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:00 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,765,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deskjockey View Post
Have you lived in or visited other parts of our country? If you have and still have the opinion you have about NEO, I think its futile to engage with you. The pro Cleveland propaganda is transparent and bogus.
So just curious, where else would you like to live? Cleveland doesn't have wild Montana skies or Rocky Mountain highs or anything like that if that's what you're looking for. I'd be happy to take your place in Cleveland one day if you're so disgruntled with the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 07:25 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
deskjockey, from my experience, people who have traveled and lived elsewhere are the ones that are more pro-Cleveland than the people who never left, who typically are overly negative. Just how I've seen it.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:06 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Only 5 people?
Yeah, people from a city usually think their crime problems are so much worse than the rest of the country, which isn't true...outside of a handful of places.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:07 AM

338 posts, read 559,540 times
I don't get it. Comparing Pittsburgh, Montana skies and Rocky Mountains to Cleveland and thinking that Cleveland/NEO is better than these 3 places.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:30 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Quote:
I don't get it. Comparing Pittsburgh, Montana skies and Rocky Mountains to Cleveland and thinking that Cleveland/NEO is better than these 3 places.
That's the point. You don't get it. Pittsburgh isn't even a better place to visit, let alone live given my interests. I went to an orchestra concert there and they used speakers to enhance the sound. Have you ever visited the Carnegie Museum of Art? You would prefer rivers over Lake Erie? There's no NBA team in Pittsburgh, and I'm not much interested in the NHL.

Please move to Pittsburgh and enjoy yourself!!!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
That's the point. You don't get it. Pittsburgh isn't even a better place to visit, let alone live given my interests. I went to an orchestra concert there and they used speakers to enhance the sound. Have you ever visited the Carnegie Museum of Art? You would prefer rivers over Lake Erie? There's no NBA team in Pittsburgh, and I'm not much interested in the NHL.

Please move to Pittsburgh and enjoy yourself!!!
Now, I know where you are coming from. I was right. You would probably go on to say that argue that its not only the NBA team but Lebron James and his posse that make Cleveland/NEO a great place to live

I couldn't care less about any NBA team but I do enjoy playing basketball. And going to Cleveland Museum of Art whenever time permits but whats the big deal about CMA however awesome it might be. It does not contribute to daily quality of life.

Last edited by deskjockey; 07-25-2015 at 10:24 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Now, I know where you are coming from. I was right. You would probably go on to say that argue that its not only the NBA team but Lebron James and his posse that make Cleveland/NEO a great place to live

I couldn't care less about any NBA team but I do enjoy playing basketball. And going to Cleveland Museum of Art whenever time permits but whats the big deal about CMA however awesome it might be. It does not contribute to daily quality of life.
From my perspective, you argument doesn't hold water. I never said that the NBA is the only reason that I prefer Cleveland.

The CMA, Cleveland Orchestra (Severance and Blossom), PlayhouseSquare, and
our many metroparks, CVNP, Holden Arboretum, and Lake Erie also contribute immeasurably to my enjoyment of life.

Collectively, Pittsburgh doesn't compare well with Greater Cleveland given my interests.

What do you like so much in Pittsburgh? Moveover, why haven't you moved there???

Old 07-26-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
From my perspective, you argument doesn't hold water. I never said that the NBA is the only reason that I prefer Cleveland.

The CMA, Cleveland Orchestra (Severance and Blossom), PlayhouseSquare, and
our many metroparks, CVNP, Holden Arboretum, and Lake Erie also contribute immeasurably to my enjoyment of life.

Collectively, Pittsburgh doesn't compare well with Greater Cleveland given my interests.

What do you like so much in Pittsburgh? Moveover, why haven't you moved there???
Lake Erie is a bland, large and polluted water body. Other places you mention have their minor role in the lives of people. You are right, the metroparks are good.

The issue is not why I haven't moved to Pittsburgh. The issue is, the irrational exuberance of a few forumers about Cleveland creates a rosy picture about a poor area like NEO. (from a weather perspective NEO is lousy) And this is not good for newcomers to Cleveland.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Lake Erie is a bland, large and polluted water body. Other places you mention have their minor role in the lives of people. You are right, the metroparks are good.

The issue is not why I haven't moved to Pittsburgh. The issue is, the irrational exuberance of a few forumers about Cleveland creates a rosy picture about a poor area like NEO. (from a weather perspective NEO is lousy) And this is not good for newcomers to Cleveland.
Believe me, Cleveland's superior amenities play big roles in the lives of many people, if not you.

Lake Erie is hardly bland. Many of us have enjoyed and still enjoy fresh water surf swimming. Any large body of water where you can't see across the horizon has inherent charms in the eyes of most humans. Lake Erie vistas, wild beaches, and other habitats can be invigorating and enchanting year-round.

http://ianadamsphotography.com/news/...s-lake-county/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/c...dapt.768.1.jpg

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...t-in-cleveland

The Lake Erie water around Cleveland likely no more polluted than the rivers around Pittsburgh.

As noted repeatedly, your opinion of Cleveland's weather is just that -- your opinion. I don't consider Cleveland's weather lousy given my preferences compared to the weather in much of the rest of the country.

The issue of why you're still here, if you despise Cleveland so much, is a valid one. What does it say about somebody that is so negative about something in his life and does nothing to change it?

Newcomers to Cleveland should visit it. Check out the winter weather. Check out the wonderful autumn weather and beauty of Leaf Turn. Consider winter recreation opportunities. As noted repeatedly in Cleveland and Ohio forum threads, many newcomers greatly enjoy our region.

Listen to the newcomers with actual experience who post in this forum and make your own informed decision, ignoring the sourpusses who can't defend their own position without lacing their arguments with ridiculous inaccuracies, as you'll discover if you visit Greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.

Last edited by WRnative; 07-26-2015 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-26-2015, 04:19 PM

Here's one poster's comments about enjoying Lake Erie's surf on a balmy summer day. The water temperature today off Cleveland is a reported 73 degrees.

See post 21.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...so-high-3.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland