Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 07:09 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times

Advertisements

Man, people are packing the Land these days. Great to see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 12:32 PM

4,520 posts, read 5,093,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
You should buy an all day pass on the RTA, I think they're $5 and you can get them at Tower City (Terminal Tower). You can take the red line from downtown (Tower City) to the West Side Market, Little Italy, and University Circle (Art museum, Botanical Garden, MOCA, museum of Natural history). You can also use the all day pass to get to Edgewater via the BRT line, check Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority | Public transit provider for Cleveland and Cuyahoga County, Ohio for routes and times. You can also take the Green line to Shaker Square and the Shaker Nature Center (hiking trails, get off at the S. Park stop.)

If you're coming in via air, the red line has a stop at Hopkins Airport.

Also, ALL DOWNTOWN TROLLEYS ARE FREE. Great, easy way to get around downtown.
Great info... and don't forget, RTA's Waterfront line (rapid rail) takes you directly to Flats East Bank's white hot boardwalk of restaurants, bars and clubs (where there is Flat Out Fridays all summer and has been generally packed with people on weekends since the weather has turned warm). And FWIW the Waterfront Line also stops near the Rock Hall, Great Lakes Science Museum, the Goodtime III cruise line dock, among other places in/around this area.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:42 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,101,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Great info... and don't forget, RTA's Waterfront line (rapid rail) takes you directly to Flats East Bank's white hot boardwalk of restaurants, bars and clubs (where there is Flat Out Fridays all summer and has been generally packed with people on weekends since the weather has turned warm). And FWIW the Waterfront Line also stops near the Rock Hall, Great Lakes Science Museum, the Goodtime III cruise line dock, among other places in/around this area.
It's funny, I've been hearing so much about the Flats East Bank and I logged on to Google Street View to check it out. I wondered what the heck people were talking about, given that all I saw was some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland; then I realized that the street view map was from 2007. In contrast, when you look down on the area from the freeway on Street View, the photos are more recent; it looks totally new and you can see most of the new development. Hopefully Google will take another trek down in that area and update it.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:55 PM

4,520 posts, read 5,093,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
It's funny, I've been hearing so much about the Flats East Bank and I logged on to Google Street View to check it out. I wondered what the heck people were talking about, given that all I saw was some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland; then I realized that the street view map was from 2007. In contrast, when you look down on the area from the freeway on Street View, the photos are more recent; it looks totally new and you can see most of the new development. Hopefully Google will take another trek down in that area and update it.
Yeah, I noticed that -- Google needs to get their funny-looking little painted up car with the tower camera mount down there to drive around 'cause they are WAY out of date. If folks want to get a more current view of how things look, it's best to go to Google's "images" and those pics are up to date.

Honestly, my friends and I were stunned at FEB and were comparing Saturday evening's crowds to Baltimore's Inner Harbor (and FEB is much more organic and less plastic/cookie cutter than Balto's now 30 + year old Harbor Place. And what's even more amazing, FEB is currently only about half developed. Phase III building still hasn't started and south of Shoreway's Main Ave Bridge, there's a whole block of vacant clubs and restaurants from the Flats 20-years ago still awaiting redevelopment.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:21 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Runner View Post
It looks like the Holiday Inn Express and the Radisson are sold out for the weekend we are planning. We are deciding on either the Wyndham or the Hyatt Arcade.
I vote Hyatt for sure! Financed by JD Rockefeller, built in 1890, and also known as the "Crystal Palace"

https://www.google.com/search?q=arca...w=1366&bih=620

Also Residence Inn is another sleeper, especially for it's central location.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:23 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Hey, even Tom Hanks makes a casual Friday night Cleveland visit.

Tom Hanks visited Cleveland Night Market and Angelos Lakewood on Friday | cleveland.com

Old 06-27-2016, 03:41 PM

538 posts, read 658,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
I vote Hyatt for sure! Financed by JD Rockefeller, built in 1890, and also known as the "Crystal Palace"

https://www.google.com/search?q=arca...w=1366&bih=620

Also Residence Inn is another sleeper, especially for it's central location.
If you can afford it, the Hilton on Lakeside or the Westin on St. Clair are absolutely beautiful.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:16 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,314,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
We are visiting the wife's family in NW PA in August. I'm originally from NE Ohio. Tonight we decided to extend our trip and booked our downtown hotel and bought Tribe tix.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:40 PM

660 posts, read 658,373 times
My only complaint about the Hyatt Arcade is that there is no indoor pool.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:48 PM

660 posts, read 658,373 times
Where do you think the best seats at Progressive Field are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: