Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 12:49 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,505 times

Advertisements

Uber: Steelyard Commons> How cool is it that there is a mall in the middle of factories? Industrial shopping!

Walmart jacket $32.

Uber: Christmas Story House. bought a few things for the classroom.

Uber: The Melt Grill in Lakewood. I had the soup, salad, 1/2 sandwich. Really good!

Uber: WSM: then RTA downtown

Rides were about $9 each time. Super cheap and convenient!!!

Feet: Should have bought waterproof shoes. That's the only thing killing me right now. LOL Feet were bright red when I got to hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 01:37 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Uber: Steelyard Commons> How cool is it that there is a mall in the middle of factories? Industrial shopping!

Walmart jacket $32.

Uber: Christmas Story House. bought a few things for the classroom.

Uber: The Melt Grill in Lakewood. I had the soup, salad, 1/2 sandwich. Really good!

Uber: WSM: then RTA downtown

Rides were about $9 each time. Super cheap and convenient!!!

Feet: Should have bought waterproof shoes. That's the only thing killing me right now. LOL Feet were bright red when I got to hotel.
Wet, cold feet. Avoiding them is part of the Cleveland experience.

Rubberized "ducks" are the ultimate cure, and also eliminate dealing with salt stains. Timberland makes excellent ones, but too often aren't available in wide sizes, especially late in the season.

Sounds like a fun day. Was the WSM crowded given the lousy weather in the eastern half of Greater Cleveland? I wanted to go today, but still haven't finished digging out from another 12 inches of snow in Lake County.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:58 PM

WSM was pretty crowded, I thought. I have been there numerous times. The Melt was PACKED! People were waiting for a table.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:16 PM

LeBron King had a great game Saturday. His last basket with a player draped all over him was amazing!

Thanks for the info on the WSM.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:27 PM

Walked around stadium today and took pics. Went to Punch Bowl for lunch and to watch Browns. I open the door and there's a guy coming in so I hold it for him. He says, "Thank you." I notice he's really tall. I walk in behind him and he's talking to Coach Lue!!! A few players and family are having a private event in the bowling area!

Every time I visit, I run into someone. Last Aug. it was Martinez from the Indians.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:28 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
Home for the Holidays: 45 new and classic Cleveland places to show off | cleveland.com

Old 12-13-2016, 06:35 PM

Hansa Brewery (Market District) and Bar 32 (sorry I forgot this only downtown skyscraper lounge) would have been easy visits.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:28 AM

How did your kids enjoy their downtown Cleveland visit and the snow? Did you ice skate on Public Square? How was The Grinch?

Old 12-19-2016, 03:56 PM

Grinch was very good. Cavs game super fun- great atmosphere and my daughter said it was her top event. She would NOT skate! She loves to skate but I think was nervous in the outside venue- we have only indoors here and since there were only 3-4 people, she was thinking everyone would be watching her skate. Bugged me!

Had a blast walking all over and used Uber a few times with great results!

What's next you ask?

Jan. 27th (with my wife) Into the Woods and Monsters game (first time).
April 27th (just me) 2 Indians games and other stuff to do. I booked this today on points! $133 for rt air and 2 nights at my favorite hotel on Euclid.

My cousin is cracking up! She can't believe how many visits I'm getting in. Weather should be nicer in April and I plan to do a big MetroPark hit. I have wanted to explore a few each time and never find the time to do so.

I should change my name here to "Addicted to CLE"

Wait until you see my new license plates!

Old 12-19-2016, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

If your daughter has never been, I wonder if she would have enjoyed the Rock Hall.

Most downtown hotels, including the Holiday Inn Express, offer Rock Hall package deals. The Rock Hall also offers combo tickets with the Pro Football HOF in Canton, if that ever is an interest.

I wonder if thisiscleveland would hire you to do promos in southern CA! That might pay for some trips, or they could comp your stays.

If there is ice in late January, consider renting a car and visiting Holden Arboretum for a Stebbins Gulch tour, if available. Call ahead and bring the appropriate footwear (maybe you could borrow from your cousin) as you'll be hiking through a stream bed. Stebbins Gulch is part of a National Natural Landmark. You'll definitely want to visit Edgewater, etc., to see the frozen Lake Erie, and/or the skyscraper lounge at the Hilton for a panoramic lake view. I've walked out on the frozen lake a mile or so around President's Day at Mentor Headlands Beach in a couple recent years.

http://ianadamsphotography.com/news/...n-arboretum-2/

You wife likely would enjoy exploring Tremont, including Lilly's Handmade Candies.

Last edited by WRnative; 12-19-2016 at 06:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland