Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 01:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,198 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Me and my husband are trying to move back to Ohio this summer. I'm originally from Columbus and my husband is from Cleveland. We want to move to Cleveland, the only problem is we haven't lived there in about 8 years so we don't know what it is like anymore.

My daughter is starting Kindergarten this fall and we are looking for a good school for her. Any recommendations? Even if it is private school.

Also, what is a safe area? My husband travels a lot and I would like to live somewhere relatively safe.

Lastly, I would also like to open a small in home preschool for ages 2-5, are there any areas that would be more in need of my services?

I really appreciate any feed back!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 02:05 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof385 View Post
Hello everyone,

Me and my husband are trying to move back to Ohio this summer. I'm originally from Columbus and my husband is from Cleveland. We want to move to Cleveland, the only problem is we haven't lived there in about 8 years so we don't know what it is like anymore.

My daughter is starting Kindergarten this fall and we are looking for a good school for her. Any recommendations? Even if it is private school.

Also, what is a safe area? My husband travels a lot and I would like to live somewhere relatively safe.

Lastly, I would also like to open a small in home preschool for ages 2-5, are there any areas that would be more in need of my services?

Thank you!
Does your husband travel by plane? If so, how far do you want to live from Cleveland Hopkins?

What type of residence do you desire and in what price range? What do you desire in a community besides good schools (e.g., proximity to major parks; convenience to University Center cultural attractions; diversity)?

This thread, especially post 3, may give you some help getting started.

Compendium of threads & posts on Univ. Circle, Cleveland Hts., Shaker Ht., Univ. Hts., Beachwood area

Old 05-09-2017, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Does your husband travel by plane? If so, how far do you want to live from Cleveland Hopkins?

What type of residence do you desire and in what price range? What do you desire in a community besides good schools (e.g., proximity to major parks; convenience to University Center cultural attractions; diversity)?

This thread, especially post 3, may give you some help getting started.

Compendium of threads & posts on Univ. Circle, Cleveland Hts., Shaker Ht., Univ. Hts., Beachwood area
Thank you! I will check out this thread.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:38 PM

816 posts, read 1,396,010 times
I would definitely recommend the West Park neighborhood, especially the areas north of Lorain ave and Triskett, if you can afford them!

Old 05-10-2017, 06:37 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,307 times
Shaker Heights has the most family friendly reputation, but there is some disagreement over the schools. Beachwood is starting to turn over from a generational standpoint and has more diversity. Solon is safe with good schools and more typical suburban.

I don't know as much about the west side outside of Bay Village and Rocky River having good schools, but significantly less diversity.

As for your preschool, I know in the Beachwood/SH area that quality places are in high demand and relatively sparse, but I can't speak to parent's willingness for an in-home preschool (I don't think I'd be interested, but I don't know about others in general).

Old 05-10-2017, 07:07 AM

194 posts, read 191,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof385 View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Because you said you are looking to to open a home preschool, I assume you are looking to buy? What's your budget?

In general, houses in neighborhoods with great schools cost several times more than neighborhoods with mediocre schools. Naturally, you would also be able to get more affluent customers in better neighborhoods. You may want to consider a duplex, or a house with an in-law suite, so that you can keep your personal living space and the business somewhat separate.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:31 AM

120 posts, read 107,264 times
University Circle, Gordon Sq, Edgewater and Tremont if you're looking for awesome city neighborhoods that will definitely appreciate greatly over the next 5-10yrs.

It all depends on if you want to live in vibrant community that's seeing tons of growth (and appreciation) over the next decade, or somewhere like Shaker or West Park that will remain stable but with little to no growth. My family just moved to Gordon Sq a month ago and we absolutely love it here!

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...velopment-boom

Gordon Square Arts District – Cleveland, Ohio

A perfect slice of Cleveland: Detroit Shoreway

Old 05-10-2017, 03:30 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-rob2727 View Post
University Circle, Gordon Sq, Edgewater and Tremont if you're looking for awesome city neighborhoods that will definitely appreciate greatly over the next 5-10yrs.
What part of University Circle is the residential part with strong appreciation potential? As far as I know, most of it is institutional, with the people who work there living in Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, etc.

I consider Murray Hill to be separate from University Circle.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:24 PM

816 posts, read 1,396,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
What part of University Circle is the residential part with strong appreciation potential? As far as I know, most of it is institutional, with the people who work there living in Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, etc.

I consider Murray Hill to be separate from University Circle.
My exact thoughts.... there is hardly any residential real estate over that way. There's a few little streets south off of Wade Park that I can think of, but that's about it

Old 05-11-2017, 03:19 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
My exact thoughts.... there is hardly any residential real estate over that way. There's a few little streets south off of Wade Park that I can think of, but that's about it
I would love to see the beautiful old streets north of Wade Park gentrify but it's not happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland