Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 05:30 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,101,385 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Northeast Ohio, but have not lived there in many years. We are heading up there this summer for a family event, and our daughter in her mid-20s will be bringing her fiancé. I’m looking for ideas to give them a little one day tour of Cleveland and I’m really not sure what to do with them. Any ideas for things that someone their age might be interested in, like fun restaurants or entertainment districts? Are the Flats still considered cool? What about the area around the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse? Tremont or Ohio City? Just looking for some guidance for an itinerary so that the “kids” will have a good time and come away impressed by the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 07:52 PM

4,199 posts, read 4,450,813 times
Here is an event calendar to give you a sense of the spectrum of things to experience.
https://downtowncleveland.com/events

The Take A Hike tours
https://www.takeahikecle.com/

Explore via waterways
https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/...is-summer.html

Entertainment / dining areas are E4 Street, West 6th in Warehouse District, and Flats East Bank. Ohio City along W 25th Street has the cool neighborhood feel along with Tremont which both have multiple dining options and art galleries. It really will depend on what kind of things they like as to where you may want to go for just one day; Rock Hall, Playhouse Square theaters when in season, etc...

Old 05-31-2023, 01:22 PM

1,796 posts, read 2,228,125 times
CoolCleveland.com

Old 05-31-2023, 07:54 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
And yes, the flats are still pretty cool. There's a Margaritaville there now if you're into that. I know everyone likes to **** on that place, but the food is good and there's a sweet rooftop patio.
Punch Bowl Social should be on your list too. Pretty fun place. Maybe Collision Bend Brewery.

Yes, the flats are definitely back. Music Box Supper Club is cool. The Improv is still there. And of course Shooters has stood the test of time.
The flats would certainly be on my list to impress some young folks.

https://www.thisiscleveland.com/blog...e-to-the-flats

Old 06-01-2023, 08:14 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,228,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
And yes, the flats are still pretty cool. There's a Margaritaville there now if you're into that. I know everyone likes to **** on that place, but the food is good and there's a sweet rooftop patio.
Punch Bowl Social should be on your list too. Pretty fun place. Maybe Collision Bend Brewery.

Yes, the flats are definitely back. Music Box Supper Club is cool. The Improv is still there. And of course Shooters has stood the test of time.
The flats would certainly be on my list to impress some young folks.
https://www.thisiscleveland.com/blog...e-to-the-flats
Shooters just did a really big maintenance re-do on their outside patio. Should be nice.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:42 AM

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I think I’m putting together a nice itinerary. Now I just have to remember my way around lol. I was also trying to remember, there are several roads coming into the city from the Eastside that have some really nice houses, maybe Fairmount or Shaker Boulevard? I can’t remember which one had the nice old houses. I was thinking of driving into the city from that side, going through University Circle and cutting down Euclid Avenue towards some of the other areas of the city and maybe stopping at a couple places for a drink or meal on the way, then ending up in Ohio city at the Westside market.

Old 06-01-2023, 03:01 PM

4,199 posts, read 4,450,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I think I’m putting together a nice itinerary. Now I just have to remember my way around lol. I was also trying to remember, there are several roads coming into the city from the East side that have some really nice houses, maybe Fairmount or Shaker Boulevard? I can’t remember which one had the nice old houses. I was thinking of driving into the city from that side, going through University Circle and cutting down Euclid Avenue towards some of the other areas of the city and maybe stopping at a couple places for a drink or meal on the way, then ending up in Ohio city at the West side market.

If you are driving into the city from East side and you want to see variety of old quality housing, I would suggest the following.

Using Warrensville Road as east border, take Shelburne Road west to either Fairmount Boulevard or North Park Blvd and continue west. If on Fairmount you will continue to Cedar and turn left and go through University Circle. If you continue west on North Park Blvd you will get to MLK Blvd and then go north to Euclid and you will have the great view of the Art Museum with Wade lagoon.

Turn left on Euclid and take Euclid Ave west into downtown. The Sherwin Williams HQ tower is under construction (about half way with the core) it provides a great terminus to the axial view once you get to about E 24th St.

Sounds like a good plan!

Old 06-01-2023, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
If you are driving into the city from East side and you want to see variety of old quality housing, I would suggest the following.

Using Warrensville Road as east border, take Shelburne Road west to either Fairmount Boulevard or North Park Blvd and continue west. If on Fairmount you will continue to Cedar and turn left and go through University Circle. If you continue west on North Park Blvd you will get to MLK Blvd and then go north to Euclid and you will have the great view of the Art Museum with Wade lagoon.

Turn left on Euclid and take Euclid Ave west into downtown. The Sherwin Williams HQ tower is under construction (about half way with the core) it provides a great terminus to the axial view once you get to about E 24th St.

Sounds like a good plan!
Perfect, thanks! I think we will do the North Park route, maybe with a little detour to Little Italy, then come back down Euclid to the East 4th area to grab a beer and maybe check out the Old Arcade. Then maybe up E. 9th for a photo op at the Cleveland sign. Not sure what would be next but I think that’s a good start!

Old 06-03-2023, 03:11 PM

4,520 posts, read 5,091,757 times
The drive along North Park Road, from Lee Road west to University Circle is the most scenic inner-ring/City drive in the entire metro area -- esp the half-mile adjacent to (lower) Shaker Lake with the beautiful upscale classic and modern homes on the other side.

Old 06-07-2023, 07:52 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,163 times
Fairmount and Shaker Blvd also provide lots of beautiful old mansions...if you go through Shaker Blvd, you get the rapid running in the median as well...and of course you end up in the beautiful Shaker Square...Edwins restaurant there is one of the best in the city btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: