Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,013 times

Advertisements

I work for a family-owned company that has been leveling concrete in Northeast Ohio since 1977. The company was originally out of Bay Village, but now their base is in Chagrin. Basically, we are able to raise and lower concrete surfaces of any size, so when (for instance) a sidewalk settles and creates a trip hazard, our technologies can raise them to the original position. This saves a lot of time, money, and natural resources, because the concrete does not have to be torn out and repoured. Furthermore, our process can be applied to anything from sidewalks to building floors to city streets and can save anyone a lot of money.

My question is: How do I go about establishing contracts with local municipalities? We have done a lot of leveling for a few cities on the East Side of Cleveland, but I know that there is sooo much more potential out there. People don't seem to realize that this service exists and produces a higher quality result that replacing perfectly good concrete (we also offer an unrivaled 5 Year Warrantee).
I would love any guidance you can give me on how to establish relationships with cities and how to find commercial work. I believe that a about 90% of the concrete that is torn out and replaced could be leveled for 50-80% less cost, no wasted natural resources, and a 5 Year Warrantee.

PLEASE let me know if you have any advice or questions for me.
www.GreenConcreteLeveling.com
Brian@GreenConcreteLeveling.com
Cell Phone: (440) 829-5635
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,491,665 times
Advertise on a popular radio show like Trivisonno or something like that. Better yet call Triv on the air and bring it up, and don't plug your company until the end.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,379,228 times
You get some nice folders with inside pockets and put all that stuff from your web site in it. It's better if your name/logo is printed on the outside of them or staple your business card to the cover. Call up each municipality and find out who's in charge of hiring for that type of work. (Always be nice to secretaries. They're invaluable because they know everything.)

You could put your loaded up folder in a big envelope and mail it, but there's nothing like making personal contact. Delivering it in person is best. Try to make an appointment with the person who hires for that work. If you can't just stop by and drop it off. Spend some time talking to the secretary feeling out if she knows of any talk about what you do.

Wait a few days then call the person up to see if they received your information and ask if they have any questions. Find out if they think you could be of any service in the future. Stay in touch so they don't forget about you but don't be a pest. Get notepads printed up with your ad on them and go back and drop those off, enough for everyone in the office, etc. Nicer ones in 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 size is better than the common tiny ones.

Get calendars printed up and deliver those around Thanksgiving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: