Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM

6 posts, read 4,749 times

Advertisements

Considering relocation to the Wilmington area or possibly Charleston,SC (wouldn't be til after January) & will be making a trip end of the month to visit. Not actively shopping to buy or rent at this point, & would rent before buying when/if we do move. Its just my wife & I fortysomethings so schools aren't a big factor. Would like to be within ~20 min. to the beach. Just looking for any tips from others who have been through the process as far as anything specific to check out or look at to get a feel for the area. Would want a buyer agent at some point & could use a recommendation too. not sure if an agent would want to show us around at this point. Also, would 1 day be enough? Thanks for any tips!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 05:10 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,059,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themm20 View Post
Also, would 1 day be enough? Thanks for any tips!
I don't think one day is enough to scout the Wilmington area, especially if you are considering several of the communities in Leland/Southport. I'd think you would 3 or 4 days. Similarly, I think you would need at least 3-4 days in Charleston if you are still considering it. I'd narrow down your options to a handful of realistic ones before you get here.

We settled on the house in Sneads Ferry in one day, but we had been looking online for several years before then. We also did not have to worry about jobs. If you have to find employment, I assume you wouldn't make any final decisions until after you locate jobs.

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-15-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina