Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 06:50 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times

Advertisements

Last Thursday Sept. 12 my husband, myself and 10 mo. old Mini Aussie Mix were at the off leash dog park 6:30 pm. There were about 30 people there with their dogs in the dog park. All the dogs were playing happily with one another. There were a group of people sitting on a bench toward the back of the park busy talking to one another and on their phones.

I was standing there watching my puppy when a Golden Lab (around 75 lbs.) playing with another dog ran full speed into my right leg, sweeping my left leg, as I flew in the air landing flat on my back and hitting my head full force on the ground. I was fortunate that I was in the grass. My husband saw the whole incident, (I was facing the other way & did not). He was there immediately, checking to see if I could stand.

I would like to thank the AA man who was there with his, I believe Malamute, who came over to help my me and my husband. Your kindness in a terrible situation will never be forgotten. You took our dog and put her on your leash and walked with us to our car and kept asking if I was alright. Just before you left you told me that you wished you could help us more and sincerely hoped that I would be ok. I did see my Dr. and I am bruised all over, but fine. Out of all the people there you were the "only" person that came to see if I was ok. The Lab's owner never approached us at all.

You are a wonderful person & I hope to see you again under different circumstances to thank you personally. You proved that there are people that still want to help strangers & we are truly blessed to have met you. kelsie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 02:07 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,310,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Last Thursday Sept. 12 my husband, myself and 10 mo. old Mini Aussie Mix were at the off leash dog park 6:30 pm. There were about 30 people there with their dogs in the dog park. All the dogs were playing happily with one another. There were a group of people sitting on a bench toward the back of the park busy talking to one another and on their phones.

I was standing there watching my puppy when a Golden Lab (around 75 lbs.) playing with another dog ran full speed into my right leg, sweeping my left leg, as I flew in the air landing flat on my back and hitting my head full force on the ground. I was fortunate that I was in the grass. My husband saw the whole incident, (I was facing the other way & did not). He was there immediately, checking to see if I could stand.

I would like to thank the AA man who was there with his, I believe Malamute, who came over to help my me and my husband. Your kindness in a terrible situation will never be forgotten. You took our dog and put her on your leash and walked with us to our car and kept asking if I was alright. Just before you left you told me that you wished you could help us more and sincerely hoped that I would be ok. I did see my Dr. and I am bruised all over, but fine. Out of all the people there you were the "only" person that came to see if I was ok. The Lab's owner never approached us at all.

You are a wonderful person & I hope to see you again under different circumstances to thank you personally. You proved that there are people that still want to help strangers & we are truly blessed to have met you. kelsie
Now, did he have a Malamute, or was that his name?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:28 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
I believe his dog was Malamute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina