Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,529 times

Advertisements

It took my husband 11 months to find a job in EC, and he's only working 15 hours a week at $8 an hour. There is nothing available and no support. Tell him not to bother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:29 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
What about that company that makes blimps?

Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
What about that company that makes blimps?
Hard to get in there, and theres not much to be made there. Myself, and a lot of others work in Va. and commute there everyday. Cheaper living here. Even after you figure in the cost of commuting to Va. I use to live in Va. I hated it there. Im from here. I wouldnt live anywhere else.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,002 times
Elizabeth City is a horrible place to try and find employment. I have a Masters Degree in Healthcare, we've been here for a little over a year. I still have not been able to gain employment, thank goodness we are only stationed here for my husband's career for a few years. I would not recommend this area to any young person as the town offers very little for entertainment. The people here are wonderful and the natural landscape is beautiful but the economy is not great.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:06 PM

293 posts, read 590,394 times
My brother is retired USCG,and he said if it wasnt for his good retirement pay from the USCG,he would move because of the poor employment there.He lives near the Base.No good jobs or good paying jobs to live on.Mostly in service,Motels,eats,etc.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:16 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
There's a big prison in or near Elizabeth City. Are there any jobs there?

Old 06-30-2015, 02:22 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy8181 View Post
Elizabeth City is a horrible place to try and find employment. I have a Masters Degree in Healthcare, we've been here for a little over a year. I still have not been able to gain employment, thank goodness we are only stationed here for my husband's career for a few years. I would not recommend this area to any young person as the town offers very little for entertainment. The people here are wonderful and the natural landscape is beautiful but the economy is not great.

If you have experience in Healthcare. There are always openings at the Hospital. Usually a teachers job open if you look hard enough. They are building a large shopping center with lots of stores across from the Walmart. TJ Max, Ross, Hobby Lobby, and lots of others to open in a few months. Not sure when they will start taking applications. Use a local address for a better chance of a call back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina