Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2015, 01:34 PM

41 posts, read 109,059 times

Advertisements

I've been in the Raleigh area for a few years now and really miss living by the beach. I don't know a lot about the NC coastal areas except they are a bit seasonal so I'd love some feedback on some of the beach towns in NC. I am in the day spa business so I would need to move to a town that will still have business in the winter months since I work on commission. Any advice is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 01:43 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
First, please define a "beach town". Do you literally mean an oceanfront community? Or a town in close proximity to the ocean? You really need to start with a geography lesson...most NC beaches are on narrow barrier islands, and most of these are very seasonal. Some that have more year around populations (that I'm aware of) include Carolina Beach and Oak Island, although even these swell during the summer. Most of the more established communities are on the mainland, behind the beach communities. These can range from small to large, and include Elizabeth City, Washington, Jacksonville, Beaufort, Morehead City, Wilmington and Southport. Then there are place like New Bern and Greenville, which are "close" to the beach, but a little further inland.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:00 PM

41 posts, read 109,059 times
As long as it is close enough to the beach, not oceanfront community, I'd be happy. Right now I am 2-2 1/2 hours away so areas like Wilmington, etc. are close enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina