Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 11:31 AM

61 posts, read 293,782 times

Advertisements

I know there's been a number of posts about home insurance in the past, but didn't see these questions specifically addressed, so here goes.

I 've got a couple of quotes for home owners insurance, one was around $1200 and other about $1450 on a $250k house

Do most people down there get the flood coverage? It's not required in my area where I'm moving but was leaning towards getting it just to be safe. I'll be in the Monkey Junction area, kind of a ways behind the Lowes, Walmart plaza.

Also am wondering, one company I got a quote from provided wind and hail, the second one didn't so would buy through the state. Interestingly the cheaper $1200 quote was wind and hail provided via state. Are there any advantages or more important disadvantages in buying the W&H through the state vs one policy covering everything. With the split policy are you opening yourself up to get in a situation where they both point to the other and claim the other part of your coverage is responsible for the claim? Or am I thinking to hard??

Anyone have any ideas or experiences? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 12:03 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
I know that the company I have my home owners insurance outsourced the wind and hail coverage, although they still handle it for me. I never have to contact the wind and hail people, I can just call my main insurance company. as for the flood insurance. you don't need it, but it doesn't hurt. I am not in a flood zone, however, I do have flood insurance. it wasn't expensive and it provides that piece of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina