Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 07:37 AM

69 posts, read 65,742 times

Advertisements

My boys are 7 and 11. Can anyone recommend good places to sign them up for swimming lessons/swim team?

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:54 AM

301 posts, read 478,287 times
The YMCA should offer swim lessons for all ages.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:08 AM

98 posts, read 129,370 times
I'be been told the YMCA also has a swim team, but you're traveling far distances for meets. Not many big pools with teaMs around Wilmington.

UNCW also does swim lessons. Run by the swim team and it's coaches.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsw55 View Post
I'be been told the YMCA also has a swim team, but you're traveling far distances for meets. Not many big pools with teaMs around Wilmington.

UNCW also does swim lessons. Run by the swim team and it's coaches.
i looked on UNCW site and it appears that the swim lessons are offered to students, staff and dependents. Am I wrong?

I think the Y is our only option. Left a message for the director of smth (levels are different here, need to have the boys evaluated) a week ago, still no answer. The dude at the front desk couldn't wait to get off the phone and was zero helpful. Not an encouraging start. Will probably just have to go by there and get more info.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:15 PM

98 posts, read 129,370 times
I know for sure UNCW has swimming lessons for the public. Usually they do winter and summer. But this year they didn't do winter so that may be why it's not on the site. The former swimmer/teacher said the summer session starts in June so the website should update. I was also told by a mom whose kid goes there that it fills up fast.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsw55 View Post
I know for sure UNCW has swimming lessons for the public. Usually they do winter and summer. But this year they didn't do winter so that may be why it's not on the site. The former swimmer/teacher said the summer session starts in June so the website should update. I was also told by a mom whose kid goes there that it fills up fast.
thank you! i'll reach out to UNCW and will try to get more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina