Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2023, 08:49 AM

59 posts, read 49,574 times

Advertisements

So...

Interested in Brunswick County as I've posted. But I find the lack of information here on this community interesting. Additionally, if you look at the community, it has a lot of inventory (lots) available as opposed to others that seem to be real tight.

Is there something I'm missing here? I toured and liked it, but want to do proper diligence in knowing all we can before fully committing.

Looking for any input.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2023, 09:16 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
When we first started looking in 2007, we thought The Bluffs was much too remote. Since then the community has filled in. They have added a beach cub on Oak Island and improved their marketing. Check how far you would be from ordinary amenities like a grocery store, pharmacy and doctors. For example, it is 5.5 miles to the Food Lion, which is not bad. But the distance to the ocean beach may be the real issue. One route is 40 minutes to Oak Island.

Last edited by goldenage1; 04-13-2023 at 10:39 AM..

Old 04-13-2023, 12:48 PM

3,082 posts, read 4,853,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK NY View Post
So...

Interested in Brunswick County as I've posted. But I find the lack of information here on this community interesting. Additionally, if you look at the community, it has a lot of inventory (lots) available as opposed to others that seem to be real tight.

Is there something I'm missing here? I toured and liked it, but want to do proper diligence in knowing all we can before fully committing.

Looking for any input.

Thanks in advance!
A lot of competition in the market. River Bluffs just opened some more lots. River Lights continues to build entire neighborhoods. Brunswick Forest has a long way to go. Compass Pointe and even the Salter Haven neighborhood in Hampstead.

Its the Leland/Wilmington market...it just continues to grow. Blake Farms in Scotts Hill is coming on the market. Most of these are in better locations than The Bluffs although the Bluffs are just down the road from Leland, where there continues to be added more and more commercial opportunities, a Lowes Home Improvements, probably a Publix, and a bunch of other smaller stores around them.

Old 05-09-2023, 07:55 AM

176 posts, read 239,148 times
I think it is the remoteness of the location that has affected sales. However, if that doesn't bother you the other things I'd check out is who owns the land around it. What is that very large facility right next to it? If you look on satellite photos there is a large industrial facility just to the right of it-almost looks like a waste treatment plant, but I don't know. There is also a lot of open land around the development. What is the zoning? Could there be a lot of industrial plants put all around the development spewing fumes? These are the types of things I'd be concerned about.

Old 05-09-2023, 03:01 PM

59 posts, read 49,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
I think it is the remoteness of the location that has affected sales. However, if that doesn't bother you the other things I'd check out is who owns the land around it. What is that very large facility right next to it? If you look on satellite photos there is a large industrial facility just to the right of it-almost looks like a waste treatment plant, but I don't know. There is also a lot of open land around the development. What is the zoning? Could there be a lot of industrial plants put all around the development spewing fumes? These are the types of things I'd be concerned about.
Interesting... I looked up that 1400+ acre site and found information. Thank you!

Old 05-11-2023, 12:56 PM

176 posts, read 239,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK NY View Post
Interesting... I looked up that 1400+ acre site and found information. Thank you!
glad to help. If you don't mind my asking- what is the 1400+ acre site?

Old 05-12-2023, 07:05 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
glad to help. If you don't mind my asking- what is the 1400+ acre site?
What I found so far. It appears to be leveled and permanently closed, tho there was industrial equipment and a rail line there a few years ago. It was DAK Americas, LLC a "Manufacturer of Monomer, PET Resins and Polyester Staple Fiber". The Environmental Protection Agency has let some contracts on the site.

I cannot tell whether there are any noxious chemicals remaining in the soil or water, but this report indicates some concern:
http://www.usa.com/frs/dak-americas-...fear-site.html

Any future resident of The Bluffs should be concerned what happens to the site, whether it could be redeveloped by another industry. Perhaps the County planning board has some insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina