Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 02:09 PM

21 posts, read 14,403 times

Advertisements

I think the crime issue comes from sites like this one that suggest that it's worse than normal. Even city-data makes it look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2023, 07:31 AM

49 posts, read 51,064 times
Been living n Leland for about five years. Lots of changes. I am more used to an urban area.....NYC and Washington DC. Wilmington is like a small urban city.....still trying to make a go of it - but it isn't nor will never be another DC or NYC or major metropolitan area. Leland is growing and simply cannot keep up from an infrastructure standpoint. Avoid at all costs. Roads are overcrowded and getting worse all the time...new developments are being rubber stamped for every empty acre regardless of water runoff, flood plain etc. Let the buyer beware.....It was not until last month that residents could actually drink the water....prior to the new H2GO reverse osmossis plant that gets its water form underground acquifers, water delivered to residents was filled with PFAS and GenX poisons from industrial waster in the Cape Fear River....most residents including myself would spend $50 to $100 a month for bottled drinking water on top of our usual $50-$75 a month water bill.
You can read all about the water issues by simply googling it.....NC has never been known for the quality of its public schools....when my daughter was an NC teacher, the state used to brag that it was in the "top 46 teacher pay states"...now I believe they are somewhere in the lower middle of the pack due to increases in teacher pay or decreases in teacher pay in other states....

You should probably rent a place for a year or two before making any decisions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina