Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 07:28 PM

12 posts, read 137,462 times

Advertisements

Recommendations please!
I'm looking to change my management company. Can anyone recommend a GOOD management co. for a LONG-TERM rental?

Here's some background......

My husband and I bought a home in Sneads Ferry. It is being occupied by tenants since we are stationed overseas.
Our experience so far with our current management company has been terrible.....chief complaint being an almost total lack of communication.
Since we are overseas, I rely on email for communication. Is that a foriegn concept in Sneads Ferry?
We have had trouble since day one. Most emails go unanswered. The replies we do get usually only address part of the question.
Mind you, I am not unreasonable. These are normal things that any homeowner needs to deal with, ie.) advertising, utilities, bills, etc...
Now we are having trouble getting our rental income checks. In 3 months We have received one rent check and no explanation of the whereabouts of the other two. After several attempts, I got a response and the issue was partially resolved. I've been waiting over one week now for a reply to my last message on this same issue. This has been going on for months.
Is this typical??? Do others have this same experience?

We bought the home from the same real estate agency that is now managing it and had ...surprise...the same problems. Shame on us, we stupidly assumed that the lack of communication and service was isolated to one agent and would not extend to the rest of the agency and rental departments.

My husband summed up our experiences so far...LOL! It would be even funnier if it weren't actually happening!

"Q. What color is the car.
A. The car is beautiful you will like it.
Q. What color is the car.
A. The car was painted the other day.
Q. What color is the car.
A. The car has plush seats.

Q: What is the typical rental market price in the area for a house our size
and location.
A: North Carolina is a great place to live.....

AGHhhhhh!!!"

Any homeowners/renters have experience with a company who can manage a property and communicate via email? I realize that most of the area agencies specialize in vacation rentals...and this is high season, but surely there must be someone who can provide better customer service on a long-term property.
Advice??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina