Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 06:45 PM

11 posts, read 51,713 times

Advertisements

I keep reading bits about Monkey Junction, but am not sure what is is ... is it an actual town, or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 07:24 PM

983 posts, read 3,987,143 times
It's more like a small community.....

Old 08-29-2009, 08:44 PM

267 posts, read 1,123,073 times
It is an enigma, wrapped in a conundrum.

Here in North Carolina is an intersection in the space-time continuum sort of like the Bermuda Triangle (the enigma). Those who enter there find it filled with orangutans, chimpanzees and gorillas. Therein lies the conundrum! Why would this strange juncture between matter and time be filled with apes and yet be named for lesser primates?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The old google-izer could easily answer your question in this case. Monkey Junction is indeed a place.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
it is the name for the unincorporated New Hanover county land, along the southern border of the Wilmington city limits, around College Rd @ Carolina Beach Rd

Old 08-30-2009, 07:29 PM

332 posts, read 1,430,702 times
It's the only place I'd choose to live in Wilm if i were to move back that way!! I spent my last 18 Wilm months there... after 48 months of livin other places around town.

I love the peace, quiet, convenience, etc of that area!!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM

915 posts, read 1,624,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needz2Know View Post
I keep reading bits about Monkey Junction, but am not sure what is is ... is it an actual town, or what?
\

while it's an old thread (2009) , I had to interject something I found out this weekend - Monkey Junction (weird name) actually got the name from the practices of a gas station owner who had a bus stop in front of his business - (ok, something like that) - he kept monkeys at the station and people would visit with the monkeys.........now you gotta love an entrepreneur with such creativity.

Apparently, people have tried to change the name (or designation since it doesn't appear to be an actual post office - a real shame) - but Monkey junction has stuck - it's enough to make me move there!!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:19 AM

11 posts, read 51,713 times
Well, I now know the area of Monkey Junction I moved down just past MJ to Carolina Beach, so MJ to me is... Walmart, Lowe's, Taco Bell... Actually, it is a nice area. My lease ends soon and I've been looking for a new place in the MJ area.

Thank you all for the responses (and, sorry it took so-ooo long to TY!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina