Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 15,229 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me any info on either place.
Like does Leland flood after a heavy rain?
Is it a large town with a small town feel?
How is the job market for a telephone tech?
Does wilmington get crowed with people comming down for the summer?
Do the roads get crowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongate27
Do the roads get crowed?

That's where I wanted to move but being on this forum I was talked out it. I guess I don't feel like living in a taget zone. But Leland looked good to me.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:26 PM

291 posts, read 1,782,019 times
Me too! It was my initial choice. After 3 trips down talking to realtors and locals I felt there were better choices. Maybe I should say safer choices. The area is beautiful. It is a fun area with plenty to do. I feel though you can find areas with better schools,more affordable housing,don't average a hurricane every 1.7 years,less crime,and better jobs.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:55 PM

958 posts, read 2,621,674 times
Wilmington is a great place to live, but have a job lined up before you get there. Not much on the professional side available, but lots of service jobs.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:44 AM

56 posts, read 326,816 times
Default U.S.Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongate27
Do the roads get crowed?
Just out of curiosity. How did you or anyone else get Leland as a destination?
After living and working in Wilmington for years and owning properties
in the Oak Island/Southport/Boiling Spring Lakes area, Leland would not be on
my favorites list.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:27 AM

I wondered the same thing. I lived in Wilmington for five years, and Leland was always made light of as somewhere people would never be proud to admit they lived there. It was the butt of many jokes.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 8,539 times
I just started researching my options, I'm planning on relocated to NC, I am interested in the Wilmington area, and the real estate agent that I am dealing with, suggested Leland, New communities are being built there, I would love to get some honest opions though, Please inform if Leland would be a wise choice, schools are very important! WHat other towns in the Wilmington area would you suggest, I've never been to NC but am planning on visiting this winter to try to get a feel of the area, Would like to move by this time next year, any info would be greatly apprieciated!
Thank you!

Old 07-09-2006, 11:18 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.Citizen
Just out of curiosity. How did you or anyone else get Leland as a destination?
After living and working in Wilmington for years and owning properties
in the Oak Island/Southport/Boiling Spring Lakes area, Leland would not be on
my favorites list.

I started looking at new developments and it kept popping up. Seemed affordable too.

I would love to live on the coast but for all those mentioned jobs, hurricanes and all that it's not a wise choice. Darn it.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:50 PM

5 posts, read 51,391 times
Default Relocation to Leland, NC

My husband and I are considering moving to Waterford Development in Leland and was curious why this town was the "butt of jokes" as someone stated previously. We loved that Leland was outside of the more populated Wilmington but still had the convenience of a larger city...We do not have young children so quality of schools was not a factor..

Old 12-03-2006, 06:41 PM

As I recall, it was the large number of trailer homes in the Leland area combined with the lousy school system. I worked with several people who lived there who were teased regularly by others, and you would hear similar stuff around town in Wilmington. I moved from Wilmington to Asheville about 5 years ago, I don't know how things in Leland are now, but back then, it wasn't looked upon as a nice place to live. People who couldn't afford Wilmington would move to Leland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina