Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 06:13 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times

Advertisements

The Ducks are a darn good team. Right now, they are playing the best football in the country. Phenomenal offense. Kudos to the Ducks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 08:06 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Week 10:

1- Oregon
2- Boise State
3- Auburn
4- TCU
5- Utah
6- Alabama
7- Wisconsin
8- Nebraska
9- Ohio State
10- Stanford

Yay I get to put Nebraska back in there...
After the last few weeks:

1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. Boise State/TCU
4. TCU/Boise State
5. Alabama
6. Utah
7. Wisconsin
8. Ohio State
9. Nebraska
10. Stanford

Iowa, Michigan State, Oklahoma getting close.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:09 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Can anyone stop Auburn/Oregon? Apparently, it doesn't even matter that they give up 30 points a game to decent offenses when they score 50+ points a game. I got a feeling TCU is gunna jump Boise in the next few weeks unless the Broncos start playing lights out. Gotta keep the faith that one/both (Auburn/Oregon) drop one at some point to cause BCS chaos, but I'm not as sure as I was previously that it will happen.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:36 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Can anyone stop Auburn/Oregon? Apparently, it doesn't even matter that they give up 30 points a game to decent offenses when they score 50+ points a game. I got a feeling TCU is gunna jump Boise in the next few weeks unless the Broncos start playing lights out. Gotta keep the faith that one/both (Auburn/Oregon) drop one at some point to cause BCS chaos, but I'm not as sure as I was previously that it will happen.
Oregons last chance to lose this season ended with the score USC 32 Oregon 29 in the second half...that was the only REAL chance a team had or will have to upend the ducks. Auburn will get run over by Alabama, Im predicting Oregon VS Alabama in NC, and TCU and Boise in Fiesta Bowl (get used to it) again. Possibly TCU against Oregon, to which Oregon will annihilate them. I don't see Oregon against BSU anymore. BSU stuggled last Tuesday, and I see them getting the leap "FROG" by TCU.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:03 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,450 times
If Oregon goes the NC game, one of the non AQ's get the Rose Bowl.

TCU will pass Boise State this week, and really build a lead if they beat Utah next week. I'm not sure Boise State gets back over TCU even if they demolish Nevada and Va Tech wins out. It could be that Boise State ends up in the at large pool, and gets left out over a 1 loss AQ team like Wisconsin, Michigan State, Nebraska, or Stanford.

That might be the death nail to the BCS if a 2 or 3 loss ACC team and a 3 loss Big East team get their BCS bowls, and TCU/Boise State get left out of the BCS altogether.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
I do think BSU should be included in a BCS bowl. However, I can definitely see a 1 loss Stanford and a 1 loss OSU or Wiscy in the Rose Bowl over them. The Rose Bowl is very tradition based and will normally go that route if it is available. Now, of course that is only if, and it is a big if, the Ducks can win out.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:22 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
I don't think I've ever seen the rose bowl take a non-AQ team...
Can anyone think of a time they have?
I agree with Acuda here (can you believe it?), I see a 1 loss Pac-10 team (Stanford?) and the big 10 champion in the Rose Bowl (Probably Ohio State).

I think TCU will end up in the Fiesta Bowl, and Boise State will end up in the Sugar Bowl.
National Championship will probably be Alabama vs. Oregon (I definitely see Alabama beating Auburn)

Old 10-31-2010, 02:41 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I do think BSU should be included in a BCS bowl. However, I can definitely see a 1 loss Stanford and a 1 loss OSU or Wiscy in the Rose Bowl over them. The Rose Bowl is very tradition based and will normally go that route if it is available. Now, of course that is only if, and it is a big if, the Ducks can win out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen the rose bowl take a non-AQ team...
Can anyone think of a time they have?
I agree with Acuda here (can you believe it?), I see a 1 loss Pac-10 team (Stanford?) and the big 10 champion in the Rose Bowl (Probably Ohio State).

I think TCU will end up in the Fiesta Bowl, and Boise State will end up in the Sugar Bowl.
National Championship will probably be Alabama vs. Oregon (I definitely see Alabama beating Auburn)
The way that I read the new rule is that if Oregon makes it to the BCS NCG The Rose Bowl is required to take a non-AQ school that is BCS eligible. If there is no non-AQ team that is BCS eligible they would have to take either Notre Dame or the Big East Champ.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:11 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The way that I read the new rule is that if Oregon makes it to the BCS NCG The Rose Bowl is required to take a non-AQ school that is BCS eligible. If there is no non-AQ team that is BCS eligible they would have to take either Notre Dame or the Big East Champ.

Damn, I just hate the whole BCS thing. Not only because there should be a playoff, but hell it seems like every other week you guys come up with a new acronym that wasn't there a week ago.

Now it's "AQ," apparently some terminology invented by ESPN. I had to google it to find out what it was.

College football has turned into the TLA league. Go look that one up.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:19 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Damn, I just hate the whole BCS thing. Not only because there should be a playoff, but hell it seems like every other week you guys come up with a new acronym that wasn't there a week ago.
Now it's "AQ," apparently some terminology invented by ESPN. I had to google it to find out what it was.

College football has turned into the TLA league. Go look that one up.
It took me about 2 seconds to look at Never's post and understood what you were talking about...that was funny and so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football