Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 02:01 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I don't think they score 48 at all unless we help them with turnovers and penalties. Usually, a Mack Brown team is very disciplined. But the RRS was different this year with that. For that reason, I expect a disciplined game today from them. I don't know if we can win considering we have Greg Davis as offensive coordinator. But I think Texas will fight.
My Son-in-law just called me and said, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." LOL!

10-0 HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 03:08 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times
Halftime and it is 17-3... Gilbert has been running like a madman! Go Texas!

Old 10-16-2010, 03:21 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
Great all around game by the Horns so far!! But still one more half to play! Put ya Horns UP!! \m/

Old 10-16-2010, 04:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Great game, TX! Good job, Mack! Beat Nebraska! Sweet. Bo Pelini thought he had a magic comeback, but it was... DENIED!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:04 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
You're right he is stoppable. Maybe the Longhorns should look at film of how SD State did against the Huskers. It's not just so much that Martinez is blazing fast but they are opening up holes for him big enough for a truck to drive through. I read an interesting article this evening on how Nebraska runs their schemes. It's really just a more versatile version of the old option, with more "options." IMO this new "option" that Nebraska has come up with will spell their doom in the long run (perhaps if they make it to the NC game).

Once they play a team with superior talent (and Texas DOES have superior talent, albeit they are snakebit lately and may not be able to pull this one off), they will be sorely tested.

I do think Texas has the talent to pull it off, and Mack Brown is one of the best coaches in the country. They were starting to pull it together in the OU game towards the end and ran out of time (and the ball).

With a week off to prepare for Nebraska, I think this will be an interesting game. Martinez will probably pull off a few of the runs that he did against K-State, but he may also get his bell rung pretty good by some Texas-sized linebackers taking out some frustration.

I think the game will be within 7 points either way. Hard to call.
I called it right!!!

Way to go Longhorns for sending bubble gum chomping Pelini and the Huskers into the loss column for the first time this year! NU is over-rated. They are a one-dimensional team and it came back to bite them when someone covered their only offensive weapon, Martinez. It showed when their receivers couldn't hold on to the ball; they weren't accustomed to some oblong object flying through the air at them, they let that gnat Martinez run around all year. The Huskers have been "outed."

Old 10-16-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I called it right!!!
Awesome!!!!!!

Heard an announcer say that Texas won't lose another game this season. That would be awesome too!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'm looking beyond this game. Not worried about it at all. I just want to beat Nebraska really badly! LOL!
Bumping this old post!!

Thank you, Longhorns!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:21 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
How'd young Gilbert do? I didn't see the game, but it looked like his stats were pretty bad. Was it a lot of dropped passes, young mistakes, or something else?

Old 10-16-2010, 05:38 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times
Gilbert did great... he ran great...
Our defense was awesome.
TEXAS FIGHT!
We are back in it.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:37 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
How'd young Gilbert do? I didn't see the game, but it looked like his stats were pretty bad. Was it a lot of dropped passes, young mistakes, or something else?
Gilbert became the running QB this game. It was quite the coming out party, but they didn't overuse it -- it was very vanilla play calling after the half. But that's all it needed to be, since the Huskers couldn't score. Only TD for them was special teams, and the NU offense was taking 6-7 min drives to just score a FG.

The incomplete passes by Gilbert were generally first down, go-for-it-all momentum changing attempts. But one significant drop in the endzone, and a couple of don't take the sack throwaways.

Overall a very well coached game by Texas, let's hope it's not just about the Huskers being overrated... would like to see us win out this year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football