Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 04:57 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times

Advertisements

I watched Gunner Keil twice this year. For the regional title, he torched an overmatched team from Evansville. The next week in semi-state, Gunner's team lost 62-7 to the only good team they played all year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 10:49 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Yea and Reggie Bush won the heisman and Drew didn't. Guess who's going to the HOF...

Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
How effect Kiel will be really depends on what they want him to do. I don't know what kind of offense they plan to run with him calling the shots. Looks like LSU wants a pocket passer, which is fine, but do they have the receivers to go along with the stud QB? LSU's more of a power run, option team these days.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
obviously recruiting rankings are imperfect...

but for QB's, they seem especially suspect.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:42 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
How effect Kiel will be really depends on what they want him to do. I don't know what kind of offense they plan to run with him calling the shots. Looks like LSU wants a pocket passer, which is fine, but do they have the receivers to go along with the stud QB? LSU's more of a power run, option team these days.
Pocket passer? So you didn't watch the videos? If you did you would have seen Gunner passing the ball accurately while running outside the pocket, and without setting his feet... and also... running slap over people...lol.

By the time of the first game Les Miles and the staff are going to show us an outstanding quarterback. This guy is a perfect fit.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
He's also not the nations best qb... just one of the best.
Agreed. Jameis Winston (commit to FSU) is the top QB in the 2012 class.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
I would rather have had Landon Collins than this Gunner Kiel kid. QB is such a hit-or-miss proposition. Nobody knows who's going to be able to read defenses. Nobody knows what kind of psychological resilience a young kid has. Nobody knows if a guy can turn into a team leader. It takes about a good three years in most cases before a QB can fully develop, especially if you're talking about a guy who's a passer more than a runner. With a running back, the returns are realized almost right away. We lost Collins, probably because we were chasing this farm boy instead.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Rumors abound that he just may end up at Notre Dame. Also, Arik Armstead may end up there too.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Rumors abound that he just may end up at Notre Dame. Also, Arik Armstead may end up there too.
done deal it looks like...

Gunner Kiel heading to Notre Dame after dropping LSU commitment - NCAA Football - Sporting News

On a side note... sorry to take over the thread. But Acuda what do u think of Thomas going pro? what's that all about... seems a little sketchy to me...

Old 01-17-2012, 03:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
done deal it looks like...

Gunner Kiel heading to Notre Dame after dropping LSU commitment - NCAA Football - Sporting News

On a side note... sorry to take over the thread. But Acuda what do u think of Thomas going pro? what's that all about... seems a little sketchy to me...
I can see people thinking it may be sketchy (as there are people out there thinking we'll get hammered). However, the truth appears to be the following: 1. He has/or is really close to having his degree 2. His mechanics are all messed up, and another year at Oregon won't do much about that. He'll have another year like this year, and many people felt he regressed a bit. Plus, the threat of being injured is high for running spread QBs. 3. He is known to be a broke college kid from an even broker home. Many times, he had to bum rides hom from practice and to do errands as he couldn't afford a car 4. The biggie- it is strongly rumored that Kelly was very upfront with him and told him it will be open competition come spring. The other QBS were neck and neck with him during practice and many Ducks were calling for the young Bryan Bennett to play. So, I think that played into it.

As far as the sanctions, it would be very unlikely for him to know of anything coming down the pike. In fact, if he does know, I am sure others would know and would leave. Other than LMJ, we really do not have any undeclassmen leaving early, so the likelihood of him "jumping ship" is very slim.

I think he made a poor decision while listening to bad advice from others (not on staff). However, the kid is a winner, so I think he'll get invited to camp to prove himself. I feel very strongly that everyone will realize just how much competition he had when you see our next few QBs- prototypical spread dual threat QBs (Thomas was a warrior, but awfully slow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football